Powered by Blogger.

virus 4 - humans 2

Sunday, November 16, 2008

We've been hit again.

This time Alek is down for the count with the flu.
If you know Alek, you know...he NEVER gets sick.
Ever.
The poor guy has been laying (lying?) around all weekend, which is SO unlike him. He usually spends most of his weekend playing outside.
He hasn't gotten off the couch all weekend.
Alek marks the fourth person in our family to come down with this nasty bug. And when I say 'nasty' I mean NASTY. It starts out with a really sore throat, which lasts for two days, followed by the aches and fever which last at least three more. After that you're left weak for at least a few days more.
Nasty stuff.
This is the same stuff Shad, Maddie and I were hit with a couple of weeks ago.
Alek is just finishing day two of the fever. I didn't realize he had the sore throat, and sent him to school on Thursday and Friday, thereby contaminating his whole fifth grade class, I'm sure.
The thing is, I know if Alek has come down with it, its just a matter of time before Anya and Nick come down with it. Nick comes down with EVERY fever within 10 miles of us.
Sooooo....
If you don't hear from me for awhile, just know I'm nursing my poor babies back to health. I just pray we don't start another round of this for the six of us.
THAT would be bad.

12 salty messages:

Tina in CT November 17, 2008 at 5:46 AM  

Poor Alex. Hope it doesn't last as long as projected and that no one else gets it. Do you get flu shots? We have flu shots at work tomorrow.

Elaine November 17, 2008 at 7:17 AM  

I hope everybody gets through it in time for you all to enjoy Thanksgiving. I told my kids last night that they are *not* allowed to get sick this week or next. We just have too much going on these next two weekends. Think it will work? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Anonymous,  November 17, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

Sorry to hear about the sickies in your house.
I'm following you now....:)

Susan & Truman

mixednutsblog November 17, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

Oh, yuck. That stinks. Should I pray that the other two come down with it tomorrow? At least then, you'll be through the worst of it before Thanksgiving. Just kidding--I hope that the other two just have a natural immunity so you can get out of having more sick kids.

Ashley November 17, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

Awww poor Alek! I hope he feels better soon and that no one else gets sick!

MamaPoRuski November 17, 2008 at 6:57 PM  

We are sharing the sniffles, but thank goodness no FEVER! Praying for you and yours too!

Tina in CT November 17, 2008 at 7:32 PM  

Hopefully tonight Alex is feeling better and that the bug has not bitten anyone else in the house.

Annie November 17, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

Oh, you poor things! I just got over the flu, but it was not nearly as awful as that! Sore throats are so miserable. Good luck getting everyone feeling better.

Tony & Lisa Venskyy November 17, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

man, i can just imagine how awful it is to be sick.. well we are praying for him and hopefully he will be better soon...!!! God Bless

Tina in CT November 18, 2008 at 5:37 AM  

Happy to see your photo header back.

Svetlana November 18, 2008 at 7:52 AM  

Poor Alex, i hope he will get better soon and no one will get it, so you will have healthy family for holydays!!!
Sveta

adoptedthree November 19, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

I feel ya sister!! The bug is going around our house as well. The babysitter even sent O home!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP