Powered by Blogger.

certifiable

Friday, December 5, 2008

This is what we woke to this morning.

Snow.
Lots and lots of snow.
You would think with all the cold, white stuff the tree-hugging, exercise lovin' nut jobs would leave their 10-speeds at home.
You'd be wrong.
These people are certifiable, I'm tellin ya.
Nuts.
I'm all for getting your exercise, but when you're riding your 2008 GT Zaskar Carbon Expert and towing a red baby bike trailer through four inches of snow, you need to have your head examined.
Immediately.
Just in case you don't believe me, here's a video I took while taking the kids to and from school today. Believe me, this is just one of several I met on the road. This guy was a college student, but there were all types out there.
Now before you go getting all, 'How can you do that while you're driving,' on me...my eyes never left the road.
My children were never in any danger.
It's a little trick I picked up as a photojournalist for television news.
It comes in handy when taking bloggy video of bike riding nut jobs!

video

7 salty messages:

PIPO December 5, 2008 at 7:36 PM  

Well, considering I have a hard enough time getting myself on a bike in the sunny summertime, I agree, that takes a serious mind bender to bike in the snow.

Brrrr! (and messy and dangerous)

Diana December 5, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

Send some of that beautiful white stuff down our way, would you? It's still feeling more like Halloween than Christmas! We need a little cheer - and an excuse to actually stay home for once!

Katie December 5, 2008 at 8:07 PM  

Oh my gosh, I used to work with two engineers that would ride their bikes to work in the snow. One of them would go out of his way to make it over an hour ride each way.

Freaks.

MamaPoRuski December 5, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

LOL! Maybe he is just a poor college student! I'm sure he is thinking of his nice warm BMW that his parents will get him if he manages to graduate in one piece...
those with baby strollers attached are TRULY insane!

Old DAN AND Little ANN December 6, 2008 at 1:37 AM  

Jeez! I thought riding on loose gravel was tricky. Our bikes go up late fall. Not out again til' spring. I'd be afraid of freezing to the seat ... I get metal picture flashbacks to scenes from dumb and dumber.

Tina in CT December 6, 2008 at 6:02 AM  

Riding in the snow with a baby attachment. Crazy. Surprised it's not illegal.

I can't imagine biking in that weather either. I'd opt for the Mom Machine too.

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Tetyana December 6, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

Today we hung our Christmas lights in shorts and t-shirts!! It had to be at least 78 degrees here.

I know if I got on a bike in the snow the wheels would slip right out from under me!!!

Watch out for those crazies!!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP