Powered by Blogger.

Excuses, excuses

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Two days left before Christmas and I still haven't finished 'the letter'.
I am so lame.
I'm supposed to be a writer for heaven's sake and I can't even finish a simple missive.
Okay...its not that simple. We've had a lot happen in the last year. AND I'm a perfectionist and I've gone over it 50 times to make sure its okay.
Then I'll find a mistake and rewrite the whole paragraph.
I really need to get a life.
The problem is now I've printed off so many drafts I don't think I have enough ink left to print the letters.
Brilliant, huh?! Of course its the perfect excuse.
'I'm sorry your card and letter is so late. My OCD tendencies got out of control.'
I'm sure that'll go over real well with the relatives.
Anway...
Not all is lost. I have been soing some worthwhile things this week.
Like making these little beauties. (the picture doesn't do them justice.)
I promise to share the recipe with you, if you promise to let me know what you think of them. My kids, parents, in-laws and I all think they're heavenly.
Of course it could be just us...
Let me know.

BUTTERSCOTCH HAYSTACKS

1 bag butterscotch chips
1 cup peanuts
1 to 2 cups chow mein noodles

Melt butterscotch and then dump the peanuts and chow mein noodles in. Mix it all together and drop by spoonful onto wax paper. Let them harden and then snarf 'em. They'll go fast.

Merry Christmas! :)

12 salty messages:

Debbie December 23, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

We used to have the haystacks with a mix of chocolate and butterscotch...yum!!! I wish I had some this year.

Katie December 23, 2008 at 5:04 PM  

Yummm...Butterscotch. I may just have to try those.

If it makes you feel any better, I gave up on Christmas cards before I ever started. I know, I'm horrible, but I just don't have it in me this year.

GreenEggsNHam December 23, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

Okay, these look way too tasty! Butterscotch is the perfect fall flavor! Thanks for a great snack idea for my trip to my sister's house!

GreenEggs

*iclw*

Tina in CT December 23, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

I've had those with chocolate but the butterscotch must be equally yummy. Bet the kids love them. The combination of salt and sweet is good.

As for the letter, just send it.

Cara December 24, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

Merry Christmas! And -for the record I think the exact letter-writing behavior you describes IS the definition of being a writer!

ILCW

Audrey December 26, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

Awww! We used to make these haystacks when I was a kid - loved them! I should make them with my bunch. Thanks for the reminder!

Letters? We are supposed to write letters??!!??

:)

Tina in CT December 26, 2008 at 11:32 PM  

Waiting for a blog on your Christmas.

Trish December 28, 2008 at 12:51 AM  

Did you finish the letter and how long did the haystacks last ? mmm

have a wonderful new year and may your dreams come true.

Here from ICLW...No. 88
My Little Drummer Boys

Tami December 28, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

I'm happy to say the haystacks lasted until after Christmas dinner...and I finished the letter Friday afternoon. Better late than never. I need to get a new printer cartridge today and get these things printed off so I can get them in the mail tomorrow.
I'll start working on a new post after church.

Tina in CT December 29, 2008 at 8:26 PM  

Tami,

Where are you? Miss your blog.

Tina

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP