Powered by Blogger.

where in the world is it?

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm in trouble.

I've lost Maddie's COC.
Her 'Certificate of Citizenship.'
Yea. I told you I was in trouble.
I can't find it anywhere!
I know exactly where it was in the old house...and I remember saying to myself, I'm going to put it here so it is safe and I can find it when we get to Wyoming.
BUT I CAN'T FIND IT!
I wouldn't be in such a huge hurry to find it, except that I need it to apply for Maddie's social security number.
And I need that social security number so we can file our taxes.
And I need to file our taxes, so we can get our refund.
And I need that refund to BUY OUR HOUSE!
Aaaaaaaack!
Yes, I know. This is something I should have looked for a long time ago. But I honestly thought I knew where it was.
I was wrong.
And I know. I should have applied for the social security number before we moved. But I was so overwhelmed with the move and everything else it was all I could do to do one adoption thing at a time. And at the time I was concentrating on getting her Kansas birth certificate.
Pray. Please Pray.
I have to find this thing.
Soon.
-------------------
Edited to add: I FOUND IT! It was where it should have been all along. Isn't it always?! Somehow I overlooked it the first thirty times I looked in that folder. Thank you for your prayers. Whew! I feel so much better.

7 salty messages:

Svetlana December 16, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

Sorry, i hope you will find it.
We will pray for you.

Tina in CT December 16, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

Didn't you need it for her Kansas birth certificate?

If all else fails, how long will it take to get a new one sent to you via Express Mail?

Do you need to do all your paperwork before Dec. 31?

With the adoption and move, you have had your plate full so don't beat yourself.

My mother was Roman Catholic (a convert) and her patron saint was St. Jude (I think he's the patron saint of impossible things or something like that.) You might try him even though you're Baptist. I just googled St. Jude and thought this sentence from the website might be helpful. "WHATEVER YOUR PROBLEM, THE ST. JUDE NOVENA IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARD OVERCOMING YOUR BURDEN."

Tina in CT December 16, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

St. Jude must have heard you (as my mother would have said).

So glad that you found it.

Can you help me find the two coin booklets that I started with the State quarters for the girls? I put it away someplace safe. I went to the coin store last Sat. to buy the last few Denver and Philadelphia quarters for Katya and Natalia's booklets and can't find the booklets.

Rachael December 16, 2008 at 5:03 PM  

Glad you found it!

Wouldn't the Kansas birth cert. have been enough though?

Tami December 16, 2008 at 5:08 PM  

You would think, wouldn't you? It seems reasonable, but no. They specifically say in the instructions that they won't accept a birth certificate. It has to be a U.S. passport, final adoption decree or Certificate of Naturalization. I guess I could have taken the adoption decree, but once I figured out the COC was missing I started to wig.

Elaine December 17, 2008 at 12:24 PM  

Glad you found it! We have totally lost Quinn's social security card that we did get. Luckily we have a copy of it, but the actual card? We think it accidentally went out with the outgoing mail (we still had it in its original envelope). So . . . we've been waiting to see if it shows back up in the mail one of these days . . . See. Don't you feel better now? We're STUPID, you just overlooked the COC.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP