Powered by Blogger.

look how she's grown

Thursday, December 11, 2008

I pulled one of Maddie's sweaters out of the closet this morning.
Its a cute little blue thing with a big white snowflake in the middle.
I love it, but Maddie hasn't worn in almost a year.
Its too special.
Its the same pullover she wore when I brought her home from the orphanage.
Last January Maddie was swimming in it. The sweater was so big it looked more like a tunic, with rolled up sleeves and the bottom hem draping near her knees.
I bought the thing on a whim, without the benefit of measurements or any real idea of how big Maddie was. Remember...we only had 30 minutes to visit with her before making the decision to adopt her and starting our paperchase. I think back on it and realize how crazy the whole situation was, and how blessed we are that everything has worked out so well.
ANYWAY...
I put the sweater on Maddie this morning for her first American Christmas program...and got to thinking, 'I wonder how much she's changed.'
I'm here everyday and don't notice the little changes. But our family and friends tell us all the time on how much she's growing up, filling out and looking more healthy.
So I pulled out the first picture.
They're right.

13 salty messages:

Katie December 12, 2008 at 3:50 PM  

Wow, what a difference! The biggest change I see, though, is in the expression. She looks like a deer in the headlights in the first picture, and really looks like a happy and confident little girl in the second. She must have some good parents! ;)

Diana December 12, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

Indeed she has grown and changed A LOT! She's adorable, too!

jessy December 12, 2008 at 5:11 PM  

She looks wonderful!! So tan and bright eyed in the second picture. And check out those round little cheeks. I just want to pinch them.

Tina in CT December 12, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

I couldn't say it any better than the previous 3 commentors. She's beaming.

DoveFamily December 12, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

Wow, what a big change. Physically she's grown, but more importantly, also looks so HAPPY now!!

Gail December 12, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

WOW!! She has changed!! She has blossomed through the love of HER family.

kitzkazventure December 12, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

I love then and now pics. I do them often in my blog. I love to see the changes because I don't really notice them as much from day to day but WOW, how much she has changed.....It just warms my heart to see them blossom right before your eyes. She is a beauty and what a cute sweater! :)

Kathy and Matt December 13, 2008 at 5:06 AM  

What a difference! She looks so much older, healthier and happier!

It's fun to have the comparison with the some sweater!

Tina in CT December 13, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

Forgot to mention in yesterday's comment that I like your winter background and header.

Debbie December 14, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

Awww! I think she looks fantastic!!

Elaine December 14, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

What a difference. She really has changed, and she looks so very, very happy!

PIPO December 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

Oh my, what wonderful changes for your beautiful girl. Her face is just full of light now.

MamaPoRuski December 14, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

Yes, amazing! SO glad you made that decision! BLESSINGS!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP