Monday, December 29, 2008
Sorry I haven't been in too much of a blogging mood lately. There are a few things I'm dealing with right now that have kind of stolen my joy.
I'll blog about it...I just can't find the right words right now.
I'll get back into form soon, I promise.
In the meantime, here's some bullet points to tide you over...
-We had a good Christmas. Maddie LOVED it. She oohed and aaaaahed over everything she and everyone else opened. And she LOVED handing out the presents. It doesn't get much better than that.
Both sides of the family came to our house to help celebrate Maddie's first Christmas. Well...first to us.
It was nice having everyone here...but it made me realize just how SMALL our house is. I think we're really going to need to fix that.
- My kids watch too many movies. This was proven to me tonight as they played Anya's brand new 'Scene It' game. They had barely taken off the plastic wrap when they started answering all of the questions...CORRECTLY!
Way. Too. Many. Movies.
- Today I got an awesome surprise. The ladies from my old Sunday School class sent me a care package full of Christmas presents. I told you these ladies were awesome! :) I really miss the fellowship we had in that little room.
- This week is going to stink! Shad is on call every night through Sunday night. For those of you who are still in a candy-induced coma that would be seven days and NIGHTS! Awful! Absolutely awful! I can't stand it when he's on call, but usually it's only a night or two...at the most a weekend including Friday. THIS is insane. But there's not a thing I can do about it. Its what I signed up for 19 years ago. I only have myself to blame. :>)
- Got a really weird email this week. It was from the facilitator we used to find Maddie. It wouldn't be so weird, except we didn't part under the best circumstances (nothing serious...just didn't connect personally)...and we haven't heard from him in a year.
It was a personalized email, wishing us a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Maybe he wants our reference. Snort.
- Can somebody shut off the snow machine...PLEASE! I'd really like to see my driveway again...or maybe the street. I'll take just the street. I would like to be able to pull off my street without the kids taking bets on whether I'll spin the tires.
- I got a neat
toy present for Christmas. A digital video camera. Up until now we've either used our old tape machine or the digital camera to take videos. Now I actually have a cute little thing to take my videos with...and the quality is much better. It was Shad and my present to ourselves. We saved up all of our Koh!'s cash to purchase this little puppy. Yea...its not as technically advanced as some. But I'll take what I can get. I'll post some video soon...just as soon as I can figure out how.
- I am buried under a pile of laundry.
A. BIG. PILE.
Okay...not me actually.
The laundry room.
And the dog.
I've lost her a couple of times now.
Lulu's bed is in there but she's decided its more fun to knock over the multiple (there shouldn't be multiple) laundry bins and make herself a nice bed. Even better...she thinks its fun to pile up the clothes and bury herself underneath them...only letting us know she's there when the kids throw themselves on the pile. Yea. Fun times.
I need to get a handle on the laundry situation. And I will. Its just we're having too much fun around here staying indoors (because its too darn cold) and watching the stash of movies the kids got for Christmas.
Have I mentioned we watch too many movies?