Powered by Blogger.

the merriest of Christmases

Monday, December 29, 2008

Sorry I haven't been in too much of a blogging mood lately. There are a few things I'm dealing with right now that have kind of stolen my joy.
I'll blog about it...I just can't find the right words right now.
I'll get back into form soon, I promise.
In the meantime, here's some bullet points to tide you over...

-We had a good Christmas. Maddie LOVED it. She oohed and aaaaahed over everything she and everyone else opened. And she LOVED handing out the presents. It doesn't get much better than that.
Both sides of the family came to our house to help celebrate Maddie's first Christmas. Well...first to us.
It was nice having everyone here...but it made me realize just how SMALL our house is. I think we're really going to need to fix that.

- My kids watch too many movies. This was proven to me tonight as they played Anya's brand new 'Scene It' game. They had barely taken off the plastic wrap when they started answering all of the questions...CORRECTLY!
Way. Too. Many. Movies.

- Today I got an awesome surprise. The ladies from my old Sunday School class sent me a care package full of Christmas presents. I told you these ladies were awesome! :) I really miss the fellowship we had in that little room.

- This week is going to stink! Shad is on call every night through Sunday night. For those of you who are still in a candy-induced coma that would be seven days and NIGHTS! Awful! Absolutely awful! I can't stand it when he's on call, but usually it's only a night or two...at the most a weekend including Friday. THIS is insane. But there's not a thing I can do about it. Its what I signed up for 19 years ago. I only have myself to blame. :>)

- Got a really weird email this week. It was from the facilitator we used to find Maddie. It wouldn't be so weird, except we didn't part under the best circumstances
(nothing serious...just didn't connect personally)...and we haven't heard from him in a year.
It was a personalized email, wishing us a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Maybe he wants our reference.
Snort.

- Can somebody shut off the snow machine...PLEASE! I'd really like to see my driveway again...or maybe the street. I'll take just the street. I would like to be able to pull off my street without the kids taking bets on whether I'll spin the tires.

- I got a neat toy present for Christmas. A digital video camera. Up until now we've either used our old tape machine or the digital camera to take videos. Now I actually have a cute little thing to take my videos with...and the quality is much better. It was Shad and my present to ourselves. We saved up all of our Koh!'s cash to purchase this little puppy. Yea...its not as technically advanced as some. But I'll take what I can get. I'll post some video soon...just as soon as I can figure out how.

- I am buried under a pile of laundry.
A. BIG. PILE.
Okay...not me actually.
The laundry room.
And the dog.
I've lost her a couple of times now.
Lulu's bed is in there but she's decided its more fun to knock over the multiple
(there shouldn't be multiple) laundry bins and make herself a nice bed. Even better...she thinks its fun to pile up the clothes and bury herself underneath them...only letting us know she's there when the kids throw themselves on the pile. Yea. Fun times.
I need to get a handle on the laundry situation. And I will. Its just we're having too much fun around here staying indoors
(because its too darn cold) and watching the stash of movies the kids got for Christmas.
Have I mentioned we watch too many movies?

11 salty messages:

MamaPoRuski December 30, 2008 at 12:39 AM  

Maybe, but I am still in my sugar induced coma, and turned around schedule since everyone is home until next Monday...
Praying for you tonight! HUGS!

Old DAN AND Little ANN December 30, 2008 at 2:36 AM  

I love your writing style. You always crack me up and lift my spirits. I think your laundry situation is normal and not shocking. Don't sweat the small stuff right?!

DoveFamily December 30, 2008 at 6:41 AM  

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Glad Maddie enjoyed things.

You guys are getting bombarded with snow, and we can't seem to get a day with a high less than 60 degrees - crazy!

Tina in CT December 30, 2008 at 7:52 AM  

It must have been so nice for you to host your families for the holidays for Maddie's first one as part of the family.

It's very cold and windy here but sunny.

I've missed your blog.

My washing machine is going right now.

I have my end-of-year self appraisal to do and email to my boss as I was too busy my last week of work to carve out time at work to do it. HATE, HATE, HATE doing these.

I need to get into a big cleaning mode as Tami and the girls arrive New Year's Day.

We are due for snow tomorrow starting before dawn. I do have to go out for an early dental appointment and then will be home CLEANING.

Leslie December 30, 2008 at 8:11 AM  

I love the snow! (Well, the one on your blog!) Take a deep breath. Things will go back to normal once the holiays pass. Surely there's a movie with that theme out there somewhere . . .

Hannah December 30, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

okay -- i should start with telling you that i have migraines with auras. so, sometimes i see weird things and then i KNOW that serious pain is on its way and i better get good and drugged up now.

anyway, i'm reading your blog and i see this weird white dot zoom down the screen. i think, "oh no. i don't have ibuprofen with me." panic starts. i CANNOT function with a migraine and no meds.

that's when i realize your site is snowing. hahaha!

adoptedthree December 30, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

Big Breath! Big Breath! Time to head towards a New Year and great new adventures and awesome stories!

Tami December 30, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

Hannah...So sorry for the scare! :) I love the snow...you can thank Leslie for it. I saw it on her blog and she was kind enough to send me the html code. Too cute.

Elaine December 30, 2008 at 11:20 AM  

Oh my. I am sooooo with you on the laundry. Which reminds me . . . *sigh*

Troy and Rachel December 30, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

I'm glad your first Christmas with Maddie as part of your family went well!! The fellowship ladies sound wonderful!! Thanks for updating us - I hope things are settling down for you now.

Leslie January 4, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

Okay, T, as soon as you come up for air from the holidays, I need you to particiapte in the New Year Resolutions list I tagged you with on my blog!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP