Powered by Blogger.

oh, no you di'in't

Monday, December 22, 2008

At the dinner table tonight we were talking about our day. The kids told their dad all they had accomplished - watching some TV, playing dolls, trading baseball cards - the usual...when the topic of how cool Christmas vacation is came up.

Alek - 'Dad, you should be on vacation too. It's cool.'
Dad - 'I'd love that.'
Me - 'I'd like to have a vacation too.'
Alek, incredulous - 'But Mom! You're ALWAYS on vacation.'
Me - 'Ex-cuuuuuse me?'
Alek - 'You don't go to work anymore...so you're ALWAYS on vacation.'
Me - 'Believe me, Alek. Staying home is no vacation.'
Alek - 'But, Mom, you WANTED to stay home.'

9 salty messages:

Tina in CT December 23, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

Wait as his turn will come in about 20 or so years! Payback!

What did you ever do about the necklace for the girls?

Staci and Damon December 23, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

I work full-time (part-time in the office and the rest at home). Believe me - I look forward to the "break" I get when I go to the office!! I understand that staying home is no vacation, and I respect you for being able to do it!!

Elaine December 23, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

He won't get it until he has kids! And even then he probably won't totally get it because his wife will be the mom.

Troy and Rachel December 23, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

That's hilarious! Isn't jus tthe way a man would think?!?! HA HA!! We know how hard you work!!

Tami December 23, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

Tina, I didn't find the exact necklace but the link that was provided in the comments section on that post brought up a etsy designer who looks pretty darn close. I haven't asked for them to make them yet, because they're in England. I figured there would be no way to get them here in time for New Year's. I'm going to try though for next year.

MamaPoRuski December 23, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

I know you are just in it for the perks and gratitude too! :)
It's Ok, hubby explained to me why he had to drive 3 hours in the snow each way to work 3 hours the other day as "You don't have the same work ethic I do." The moment he said it he froze and then panicked...but damage done!

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Tetyana December 23, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

My son once told me that he thinks I just sit on the couch all day and wait for them to come home. That I was so lucky because I just had to watch TV all day and not do any school work!!!! Oh, in my dreams, sweet boy!!!

Enjoy your vacation time...

Tina in CT December 23, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

Love all your comments!

Tami, Thanks for the necklace update. If you do find someone here in the US that makes something similar, please let me know so I can get them for my granddaughters for next Christmas.

Just talked with my daughter now that she's here in the US.

momofonefornow December 26, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

Wow. Better curb that line of thinking early so his future wife doesn't hurt him. :0)

over from iclw, your kiddos are adorable!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP