Powered by Blogger.

on a mission

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I told you the other day we still have one big hurdle to jump in the adoption process.

The social security number.
We need the number so we can file our taxes.
And we need to file our taxes, so we can get our refund.
And we need that refund to BUY OUR HOUSE!
So this morning I'm taking on that last hurdle.
I'm driving to Cheyenne to apply for Maddie's social security number.
Anyone want to guess how long it will take me?
Closest guess (including driving time) will win my admiration and respect! :)
Wish me luck.

8 salty messages:

Troy and Rachel December 18, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

I have no idea but I'll randomnly say 4 hours. Do you listen to books on CD? Great way to pass the time!!

Diana December 18, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

If the Vegas storm has reached you as it has us, it will take you days because you'll be driving less than 5 mph all the way there.

Good luck!! And that's pretty awesome news about being able to buy your house, too :-)

Tina in CT December 18, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

I hope it doesn't take a long time for it to process.

I also think it would be so neat if you and Tamara could meet one day while she's in CO. It'd be a great escape for her too.

Tina in CT December 18, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

How did you make out?

We're due for a major snowstorm tomorrow so I brought home my work laptop to work from home in my jammies.

Leslie December 18, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

ummm , , , a long time? And even longer if the kids come along!

Nelly December 19, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

3 hours up and 3 back???

Christine December 19, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

I give it one week! After I filed for Dennis' SS, I got it a week later. All you need is the COC and the adoption paperwork.

pam,  December 29, 2008 at 7:12 AM  

tami this is pam from the land of oz, and i was wondering,speaking of tax returns if you could email me your amount for daycare for 2008. i didn't keep as good of records as i should and i of course need the exact amount. sounds like you all are doing very well.it is great that you can stay home with munchkin. i miss you guys,stay in touch ,pam .here is my email address pmmiller34@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP