Powered by Blogger.

we're leavin'...

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

One year ago...

--------------------------------------

...on a jet plane.
Don't know when I'll be back again.


I know it's cliche' but I've been waiting to use that line for the last 10 months! Cut me a little slack! :)
We're leaving!
In just another hour the mom-mobile will be pulling out of the drive and we'll be on our way to the airport...
destination - Kiev.
Wow!
After 10 months of paperchasing, paper cuts and reams of paper, we're finally on our way.
I'll try to post along the way...but no promises. We only have an hour layover in Atlanta and Paris...I may barely have the time to find the departing gates! (more opportunities for prayer, people. Hey, don't ever complain that I haven't given you tons of prayer material here at 'Finding Maddie'! :)Thank you everyone for all of your comments! I know we'll be coveting them in the coming days and weeks.
I want to leave you (for now) with a song that NEVER fails to touch me...actually make me bawl! I listened to it this morning as I was rocking JacJac and, well....you can imagine.
It's 'Orphans of God' by Avalon. The message is clear - God knows no orphans. He is the father to the fatherless. It gives me some comfort knowing our little one is never out of his sight, or his reach.
We'll see you in Kiev!



2 salty messages:

Bethany December 4, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

I loved the video, so true. BUT, "I'm leavin, on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again" was firmly lodged in my brain for hours. Even while I was TRYING to study for my final last night. BTW, Tag! You're it!

Sheryl December 5, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

Oh, Tammy. I tried so hard not to sob outloud sitting here in my living room. The haleluiah part just kills me.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP