Powered by Blogger.

basketball and anniversaries

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yesterday was a big day for my little guy.
He had his first practice for his very first basketball team.
To say he was excited is an understatement. The guy wore his brand new high tops all around the house Friday evening and tried to convince me to let him sleep in them.
He. Loved. It.
And for a little guy, he's not half bad. He's the smallest guy on the team, but that doesn't mean anything. Remember Spud Webb? He was only 5'7".
Anyway...
Here are some pics from Nick's first practice. (double click on 'em to make them bigger.)



Oh...and yesterday was the one year mark since I sprung Maddie from the orphanage.
It was a quiet day.
Shad was on call this weekend - which is why we celebrated the court day a couple of weeks ago.
I imagine that we'll do something special for her 1 year of being on U.S. soil in a couple of weeks as well.
Its amazing to think that my little girl has been my little girl for a year.
In a way it seems like she's always been with us...and in other ways it seems like just yesterday.
I've been spending a lot of time lately working on a one year anniversary video for Maddie. I've been doing a lot of reminiscing...crying...and smacking the side of the computer screen. My computer has been giving me fits lately. I need to get it fixed.
So barring any major computer meltdowns I'll have something to make you all teary on Feb. 3.
The one year anniversary of stepping off that Delta Airlines flight.
Hallelujah!

5 salty messages:

Tina in CT January 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

I don't have the pictures but a white square on your blog where the pictures should be. It's probably my computer. I'll access it tomorrow at work.

Way to go Nick. Glad that you had such a great time being part of your first basketball team. Sports are great for so many reasons for kids.

Congrats to Maddie on being part of your family for a year. Where has the year gone?

Troy and Rachel January 25, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

I can't believe all the posts lately with the words: one year! It's wonderful and hard to believe so much time has passed. We'll all be looking forward to your video! I'll be sure t have some Kleenex with me!

Tina in CT January 25, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

I keep forgetting to comment on your new layout/heading - like it!

Darlene Franklin January 26, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Rejoicing with you, Tami! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I'm glad it has you reaching for your Bible.

Annie January 28, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

We have the same "basketball mania' around here! Zhen's coach was able to get "real" jerseys from the gradeschool where he coaches an older kids' team. I can hardly convince Zhen to take the darned thing off! His excitement is so contagious. It makes me happy just to see him running around in that thing.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP