Powered by Blogger.

i've been her mama for a year

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Its been a year.
One year since we went to court and became Maddie's Mom and Dad.
We had only known our daughter-to-be for forty minutes - we weren't even able to see her before court.
We adopted our little girl based on a 40 minute visit...and faith.
I've been continuing to post about our adoption adventure over at Sage Brush Diaries for the last several weeks...but I'd really enjoy it if you would go over and check out today's post. Actually there are four posts from today - start with 'Invasion of Odessa'...it's worth it, I promise. I re-read it this morning and couldn't believe how insane this day was 366 days ago.
Crazy, I tell you.
While you're enjoying the post and the pictures, we'll be enjoying the day with Maddie. While its not technically her 'Gotcha Day' we're going to celebrate it anyway. I'm thinking a trip to B@skin Robbins is in order. Maybe some Cookies & Creme ice cream...or some Very Berry Strawberry.
Yea. I know its cold...but some things just call for a celebration with some ice creamy goodness.
And this is definitely one of them.



9 salty messages:

Leslie January 10, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

Congratulations, friend! Whatb a journey it's been! I'm heading over to Sage Brush to relive it all!

jessy January 10, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

Wow! A whole year. Enjoy the icecream....I'll try not to think about it.

Tina in CT January 10, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

Happy one year as Maddie's parents! She's come a lonnnnnng way in that year.

Missy January 10, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

I so cannot believe it's been a year! And 2 years since I started following your blog, right? How time flies...and I haven't even started my real journey yet.

Elaine January 10, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

I can't believe it's been a year already. But then again, I can. I remember reading your blog then, and what a crazy journey it was for you, and now . . . wow!

Kevin and Krista January 10, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

Wow has that sweet, spunky, and adorable little girl had the best year of her life! So glad you were blessed with each other and that you didn't give up when Ukraine looked hopeless.

Happy one year!
:) Krista

mrsbroccoliguy January 11, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

I have the worst time figuring out which day should be the "official" day - especially with R's adoption where there are like 4-5 very significant dates. But I say celebrate every one of them with ice cream! :-)
Happy Anniversary Day to all of you!

Tami January 11, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

We have a hard time too. With the three older kids we traveled at the same time of year and got custody of them all on July 26 of their respective years. So we celebrate July 26. But with Maddie we're not sure which date we're going to use. This year we're probably going to celebrate this one and the day she came home (Feb. 3)...but we'll have to figure out something more definite next year. ;)

traci January 12, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

Ok, I can't get over the fact that you only had one more book to last you the next 3 weeks. I would go nuts! I read 3 books on the flight to Russia! These old posts also remind me of December in Russia when the hot water main broke. I was not getting in the shower. My hair was an oil slick and I couldn't put my arms down because my pits were so thick with deodorant, but I was not getting in the frigid water. I did eventually get a shower along with my precious Julia.
Thanks for sharing!
Traci

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP