Powered by Blogger.

t minus 17 hours...again

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Here we are again, on the eve of leaving for Ukraine...
This time will be so different...
Thankfully.
We won't be waiting for an SDA appointment.
We don't have the uncertainty of not knowing who our child is.
And hopefully this time it won't take as long.
Hopefully.
What is not different this time is the laundry list of things that still need to be done.
- Laundry
- Packing
- Cleaning
And, thanks to mother nature...raking.

See what the recent warm-up left us in our front yard?
Hidden remnants of December's ice storm.
All of this was hidden under a foot of snow for the last two weeks.
We figured it would be bad.
We didn't think it would be this bad.
It would have been worse if it wouldn't have been for our wonderful church family. I have to blog about them someday - probably during the 10-day wait when every day is the same as the day before.
You have to get to know these wonderful people.
In the meantime...
Meshack and Q-ball have their work cut out for them today.
So do I.

I have to finish packing.
There are 17 hours left and I'm still not much further along than I was last night...although the house is looking better.
The girl who is staying with the kids while we're gone came by this afternoon for instructions...I had no choice...I had to get the placed cleaned up.
Now I have no choice...I have to pack.
I doubt I'll post before we leave tomorrow morning...there's just too much to do.
That..and we have to leave at oh-dark-thirty, to make our 8:20 a.m. flight.
Sigh.
That's early.
Oh well. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can
get to our little girl and the sooner we can bring her home.

0 salty messages:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP