Powered by Blogger.

they're insane, I'm tellin' ya!

Monday, January 26, 2009

They are insane!
We had a foot of new snow fall overnight last night. I woke up absolutely sure we wouldn't have school today. I mean, what mom-mobile can safely make its way to school with a foot of snow?
Evidentally, they think mine can!
We not only had school...it wasn't even a late start.
They expected me to get my four bundles of joy out of bed on a snowy morning, wrap them all up like mummies and get them to school on time.
I did it...but not without a whole lot of slipping and sliding...and complaining, on my part.
The bike-riding nutjobs were out again this morning.
Even Alek noticed.

Alek - Mom, there's another nut riding his bike in the snow.
Me - Yep.
Alek - Do you think he'll get hit?
Me - Probably.
Alek - Well, HE's not smarter than a fifth grader!
Me - Yep.

One more thing I learned this morning - if we are going to stay here in Grab-Your-Lasso, Wyoming, I'm going to need to ditch the mom-mobile and get something with 4WD. Something big, black and bulky...that way if I hit one of those bike riding nutjobs, I'll still be able to get the kids to school on time.

20 salty messages:

Tina in CT January 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Loved your postand Alex's comment.

Those bike riding nuts are insane. So dangerous with the conditions. I'm be a wreck navigating around them. Then if you should hit one, they'll sue you.

Ditch the mom-mobile as you need an SUV.

I can't believe they had school with so much snow and not a late opening . I would not have wanted my daughter to walk to the foot of our big hill to wait for the school bus and then to ride all over picking up other kids. The superintendent needs to have his head examined. Better to close school and prevent accidents with kids (and lawsuits).

Are the streets well cleared?

Michelle January 26, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

You're absolutely right. The school is crazy for not closing after 12 in of snow. That must of been a long ride to school. I have 4 wheel drive because of the same reason. I live out in the sticks and they never plow our roads. I'd never get out. Hope your day gets a little better. Take care.

Tami January 26, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Tina, it depends on the road. Our street still hasn't been plowed yet this winter. The main thoroughfares were surprisingly clear. I was starting to think they didn't plow for any reason, at any time.

Svetlana January 26, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

What a smart boy!!!
In Oregon we don't drive even if we got 2" of snow. I can't imagine how i will be driving on 1 foot of snow.
Be carefull!!
Sveta

mrsbroccoliguy January 26, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

Holy cow, no late start or cancellations for a foot of snow?! I would be freaking out. You definitely need an SUV. Or a dog sled. :-)

Diana January 26, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

I think we got hit by the same storm - and my kids had to be on time for school, too. Welcome to the wild west!!

Debbie January 26, 2009 at 4:27 PM  

Wow--there would sure be a delay here. In fact, a foot might even close school. But we have lots of hills; I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Let's give those bicyclists some hills in a foot of snow and see what they do. :-)

Rachael January 26, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

That is pretty insane.

Here in Michigan snow land, we sometimes have to fight pretty brutal weather sans snow day. Then, sometimes it will get cancelled for "extreme cold" but nary a snowflake. It's maddening.

Tina in CT January 26, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

They haven't plowed your street!!!!! Insane!!!!!! The town plows where I live are fantasic about getting all the streets/roads plowed. Your town needs more plows and drivers. How do you survive without an SUV?

Tami January 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

Honestly, I don't know. I haven't gotten stuck yet, but this by far was the most snow we've had all winter. I'm used to driving on snow and ice (Kansas got its fair share), but they were a lot better about snow removal as well.

Kristin January 26, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

Alek's comment had me laughing out loud...very funny. And, I love your reason for getting rid of the mom-mobile and getting a big SUV!

ICLW

jessy January 26, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

Do the bikes have snow tires? Girl, you need to come down here to Texas! We call school on the "chance of a wintry mix." No kidding!
Of course it is not too late! I warn you though, this study starts out with some of the toughest verses to live (for me): taming the tongue! Ouch!

Tina in CT January 26, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

I think a hot letter to the editor is due.

I am Harriet January 27, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

CRAZY! and I've been there.

Soralis January 28, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

Who rides a bike in a foot of snow? It must be warmer here then where I am from!

I am all for the big black 4WD

Take care

ICLW

Nataliya January 28, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

I hear you! We've got about 10 inches today and it keeps falling. The kids are hoping for a snow day tomorrow :)

PIPO January 28, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Well, I guess I better not tell YOU that I just rode my unicycle to the mailbox! ;0)

pam,  January 29, 2009 at 9:29 AM  

for some reason i have you pictured as the people in the musical seven brides for seven brothers with all that snow. don't know if you've ever seen it but it is really good if you like musicals. just a note from the land of oz since this post was school related. the whole entire county is thinking about just going to school four days a week,becuase of lack of money and state funding. they would then have to go longer during the day,but it would be one day a week that they didn't have to pay the staff for. don't know that it will ever happen, but they say if that doesn't some kind of other cuts will be made such as teachers and staff,no new books pay cuts for current staff and on and on. hope wyoming is doing better than we are.

relimom January 29, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Hi, what's a mom-mobile? I'm picturing you on some sort of scooter device. Is that what it is?

Good for you, by the way, getting your kids to school through a foot of snow!

Tami January 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

The mom-mobile is my pet name for my minivan. I love the thing like an old pair of tennies...but its not so great in snow.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP