Powered by Blogger.

tips and tricks

Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm doing it. I'm starting Adoption DIY.

I've decided its something I enjoy, why shouldn't I try to help other people in their international adoption journey?
Soooo...with that being said, I need your help. (I'm always needing your help aren't I?)
I need your tips and tricks to help others complete their adoptions.
Are there any little things you learned along your journey that could help make someone else's easier? Any tricks to getting that dossier done? Any tips on ways to take some of the headache out of the process?
If so, let me know.
I also need your help in passing the word.
Could you grab the button off of the DIY site and place it on your blog? There is a easy to copy code there that will produce our cute little pink button once its placed on your sidebar.
Since I have a limited advertising budget (as in...ZERO!), word of mouth is going to have to do.
And if you're interested in helping out with Adoption DIY let me know. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle contributing writers right now, but I do know this - I can't do this on my own.
So if you have a heart for helping other families in their adoption process, get your typing fingers ready.
We've got a blog to write! :)

14 salty messages:

pam,  January 19, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

what i would like to know is how is this website going to make you money, or are you just doing it to help people? if it is the latter that is great if it is for money i guess i don't understand how that works can you explain it to me.

Tami January 19, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

I'm mainly in it to help people. I've always loved helping answer people's questions about international adoptions...and doing what I can to help alleviate their nervousness about international adoption.
I will more than likely end up attaching advertising to it at some point to see if it works. If not, that's fine. It will give me a lot of personal satisfaction just to help bring some other awesome kids home!

Leslie January 19, 2009 at 6:27 PM  

Tami, I am so proud of you! Follow your heart and the Lord will bless! I'm adding the button to my blog now!

Anonymous,  January 19, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

What does DIY stand for??

Tami January 19, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

DIY is an acronym for 'Do It Yourself.' Its usually used with home-improvement kind of things, but I think it shows that anyone can adopt. It just takes a little know how.

Bethany January 19, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

Well, I can't provide any tips or advice. But I can provide moral support! I'll be the cheering section: gimme a D! gimme an I! gimme Y! Adoption DIY! Good luck with it. :)

Courtney January 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Count me in! I'll gladly contribute whatever you like. :) Of course, my experience is pretty limited--only one country, but still, that should count for something, right?

DoveFamily January 20, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

I've added your button to our blog, and will be glad to help in any way I can!

Jennifer

Susan & Truman January 20, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

Tami -I added your link! I would love to help if you get any domestic questions!

kate January 20, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

tip: don't move to russia. ;>

Elaine January 21, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

Go you! I'll put the button on my blog. I'm not sure if I can be helful in any other way, but if I can I'd be happy to help.

Annie January 21, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

I saw that button on someones blog and wondered! I have some tips. Hopefully I'll remember to send them along. Right now my children are giving me the tip that they need to eat dinner!

Alexandra {{Awareness Warrior}} January 21, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

I've heard from someone, I can't remember who, though, who said they included a little scrap book page of their family in hopes that when the people processing the paperwork would smile and hurry it along. It sounds like a good idea to me =)

Lillian April 23, 2009 at 12:35 AM  

I could also pitch in my tips :)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP