Powered by Blogger.

why is it?

Friday, January 23, 2009

Why is it...

  • That my kids don't do what they're supposed to do, UNTIL I YELL...

  • That as soon as I buy a new bottle of hair detangler, the other two lost ones show up right where they were supposed to be all along...

  • That as soon as I think I'm caught up on the laundry, a quick check of the hampers shows I'm right back where I started...

  • That five days of 50 degree weather is always immediately followed by a snow storm...

  • That I can go for weeks without having something profound to blog about, then I get slammed with so much stuff I can't keep up...then when it slows down again I can't remember the stuff I forgot to blog about...

  • That even though Maddie is now in preschool every morning (except Friday) my To Do list is growing rather than shrinking...

  • That as soon as I write my to do list on the dry erase board, my four (almost five) year old wipes it off with her brand new, white teddy...

  • That no one told me dry erase marker doesn't come out of brand new white teddys...

  • That my children don't bring me last week's lunch boxes until the last minute, with stuff still in it...
  • That a year after bringing Maddie home I am still using 'stoy' to tell her to stop something...
  • That my four year old can tell her speach teacher that the zebras need to pray before eating their dinner...but I am too embarrassed to do it myself while eating at a restaurant...

  • That I'm surprised that my 10-year-old son now has bigger feet than I do...

  • That I cry every time I hear this song. EVERY. TIME...as in every time I played it last night while working on Maddie's one year anniversary video...

  • That after spending over an hour and a half for three straight days on hold with my mortgage company, that they still haven't answered the phone, transfered me to voicemail or knocked off a whole month's payment for not turning them in to the Better Business Bureau...

  • That I am still stunned by the beauty of my four precious kids - even when they're driving me insane...

  • That every time a bloggy friend of mine leaves for a foreign country to bring their child home, I get all nostalgic and start thinking five is a manageable number...

  • That every time I think I've got a great idea on what I should do with my life, by the very next morning I've chickened out...

  • That I'm starting to sound like my four-year-old with all of these why's...

  • That if I sit here long enough I can come up with a million more...
More to come...

17 salty messages:

Carlee January 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

I wish I did not relate SO well with this post. The difference being that every time someone I know travels to pick up their children I wonder if the Lord has an adoption in our future. I know why right now is not good (we "adopted" a 21 year old indefinitely, and we are out of space), but I wonder what the future hold.

I know the "why" question was rhetorical, but my answer to myself ALL day long is: Because I am not God, and my kids, praise the Lord, are not perfect.

Troy and Rachel January 23, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

I love this list. True motherhood in almost every line!! As for the job listing below, I heard about that on the radio and I was all for it. Let me know if you go for it! I could sit in Australia and pick up a leaf or two out of the pool!!

Leslie January 23, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

Love this post! I used to tell Kristina "stoy" and she would say, "Mom, I'm not a car!" She said saying stoy was like telling her to halt. Ha! She said oos-pa-coy-sa is better. Too hard to say! I stuck with stoy! And FYI - five is a good number!

kitzkazventure January 23, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Love the list! We still say Peesit for peeing and my husband will pop out with a Nyet or Zhoke (kazakh) for NO...thinking maybe he will finally listen if it is another language? ....after 2 years? :)

notsofertilemyrtle January 23, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

I loved this list! It's going onto my "favorites."

Happy ICLW!

Karlana January 23, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

It appears that once again we have much in common! Well, except the snow. We do not seem to get that too much around here in Las Vegas.

Just to let you know, I tagged you on my blog!
http://karlanakulseth.com/blog/?p=895

Rachael January 24, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

I can relate on many of these! Especially the blogging feast and famines. I should start making a list, cause I do the same thing: forget all the stuff I wanted to write about by the time I get around to it. Although, thanks for the tip: I won't write that list on a dry erase board! ;)

Svetlana January 24, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

I love your list, I feel the same way. I think that is just a normal motherhood and we want all that to be answered :-)
Sveta

Old DAN AND Little ANN January 25, 2009 at 12:59 AM  

I know what you mean about feeling brave enough to pursue big things at night as you lie there and ponder your plans and how daylight brings serious misgivings. I think that has something to do with waiting on the Lord, delighting yourself in Him and letting Him in turn give you the desires of your heart (we sometimes don't even really know them ourselves), and then shedding the fear of man thing by fearing God more and wanting to fulfill your spiritual destiny more than enjoy the waxing and waning applause of man. ... At least those are some thoughts the Lord has brought me to as I've had this nocturnal (only) courage to dream ... and that's it.

Also, I too love that song. I sang it last Sunday for Sanctity of Human Life Sunday at church and played a You Tube of Russian orphans while I sang. I'm surprised I made it through it without breaking down. Probably only because I had my back to the pictures.

~Jess January 25, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

I think I could have written this post (outside of the kids:-) There always seems to be so much going on and never enough time to accomplish it all.

ICLW

Michelle January 25, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

I love your list. I have a big list of why's myself.

PIPO January 25, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

Ahhhh...a day in the life....

Cara January 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Check, check and check! I'm not "working" in the clock in sense this year - but I'm busier then ever with one in Kind and one in Pre-k (mornings).

Go figure but I LOVING my life!

Elaine January 26, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Yes, why must I yell before they listen? Why can't they just pick up their toys, socks, whatever, let the dog out, sit at the table, whatever it is they are asked to do, without me finally resorting to yelling? Why? Why? Why?????

Carolynn and Steve January 26, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Thanks so much for sharing the link to the video and the song...it made me cry, too!

Annie January 28, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Yes, yes, yes! I am reading Deb's blog and thinking....I could EASILY handle one more!!!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP