Powered by Blogger.

come out, come out, wherever you are...

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Thanks for your commiseration...
Things are MUCH better today.
Maddie is back to her energetic, non-stop talking self...and I'm feeling much better too. I think I was battling a touch of whatever she had yesterday. I was just a touch queasy...this morning I'm feeling a million times better.
Now, we wait to see if the other shoe drops.
I do have three other kids, afterall. And nothing spreads better than a nasty stomach bug.
I'm storing up on Sprite and Ginger Ale just in case.
In the meantime...
Its time for my annual head count.
'Come out, come out, wherever you are...'
Everyone who reads my blog say, 'Aye'.
I make a habit of checking the stats on Site Meter every once in awhile (okay, every day) and it says I'm getting 180 plus hits a day...but since comments don't add up to anywhere near 180, I'm left wondering...who's really reading my blog?
So to curb my curiosity I need you to say hi! :)
I also want to update my 'Favorite Blogs' list so this will give me a chance to check in with everyone. ;>)
And while you're checking in, let me know what you're thinking. I am desperately addicted to the 'You have comments' email I get from Blogger so please help satisfy my dependency.
I know there are several people who comment regularly...who let me know what they think about my ramblings. And I love the feedback! It's awesome to think somebody might find my writing interesting and maybe even entertaining.
But there are so many I never hear from.
I'd really like to.
So if you are lurking...reading, possibly enjoying, but either too nervous or not inspired enough to say much...could you drop me a quick note and let me know you're out there? Just push the comments button on the bottom of the blog entry and type up a quick memo.
It won't hurt, I promise.
And you'll make my day.
Actually, probably my week.
I don't know, you might even make my month, because I'm starting to wonder if all of those hits are really just my mom checking up on me! ;)

44 salty messages:

Katie February 3, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

Well, you already know I'm here, but I'll make it official. Glad things are going better today!

Bethany February 3, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

I'm here! And I love comments, too. I just don't get nearly as many as you! And most of them actually are from my mother. Someday, maybe, I'll be half the writer you are.

Tina in CT February 3, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

It's Tina. I check my favorite blogs numerous times during the day so by my doing that, your hit count goes up.

Love reading your blog!

Glad that Maddie is back to normal (you too) and hope the other shoe doesn't drop.

Diana February 3, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

I'm here too, and so is my blog. I love reading yours and yes, I find it inspirational and entertaining. Glad you're all feeling better

Karya February 3, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

*wave*
I'm here. Been reading your blog for about 2 years. I have a girl just the same age as Maddie (and one older and one younger).

Courtney February 3, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

I think we all love comments. It makes you feel like you're not standing all alone on the playground watching the other kids. ;)

Leslie February 3, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

First, I need to apologize for my very inappropriate laughter over the last post. Too funny! Anyway, I'm here daily and think of things I want to post in the comment section, but don't always follow through. Love reading and following what you're thinking. We seem to be on the same wave length frequently!

Anonymous,  February 3, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Hi Tami,

I don't blog! There was no comment button at the bottom, but the page loaded with errors so I assume it didn't load--but I just don't do this. I'm not on facebook--not quite that techy, and I work on computers!

I have been following your blog regularly when you started your adventure with Maddie and now that you have moved from Troy, I go there at least once a week to see what your family is up to.

Sorry about all the doubts and problems with the move and you are in my prayers and well as the class. We would love to have you back, but only if that is what God wants. Pray for me, my daughter Stephanie had a miscarriage last week. She is doing okay right now, but it really did knock me for a loop. She and her husband had just told us that we were going to be grandparents and then just a few days later she lost the baby.

Susan Losson

P.S. I do love your blog!

Elaine February 3, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

One of these days I'm going to steal this idea and see who comes out of the woodwork on my blog. Honestly? I'm a big chicken. What if nobody leaves a comment? I mean, I know you would, and some other regulars, but what if nobody else does???????

Mike & Tara February 3, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

Ay!! I'm here - I'm always a day (or week) late and a dollar short - but I do check in! :o)

Blue food story...when Nicholas first came home he was so car sick. We were taking him to the dentist and he had a blue yogurt that morning for breakfast (one of those kids flavored ones). By the time we got down the mountain there was blue yogurt all over the back of the car. To this day I cannot buy kids yogurt! :o) Hope Maddie is feeling better and the others don't catch it. We're battling runny noses here....E's first cold...

Debbie February 3, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

You know I follow. :-) Glad you and Maddie are feeling better.

Sarah Halter February 3, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

I know I've commented here and there, but I'm here, regularly. I'm a friend of Mark and Courtney's and came by your blog (and everyone else who was in Ukraine around the same time!) through them. I enjoy your blog, and I thought the last post was supposed to be funny. I was going to leave a comment saying that I always appreciate your humor in the middle of whatever's going on, but now everybody else is apologizing for laughing.

Monica February 3, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

Hi..long time reader but have not left a comment before. I enjoy your blog and I am hoping your house in Kansas sells soon. Hang in there!

Monica

Rachael February 3, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

Just saying "Aye."

Glad you're both feeling better.

Erin February 3, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

I'm a lurker, I'll admit it. I've been reading your blog for awhile (linked from Mark & Courtney's when you both were going through the adoption process), and I love checking in. Thanks so much for sharing your story!

kitzkazventure February 3, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

Hi! I comment occasionally but check everyday, sometimes twice! Your blog is great and I checked out the DIY blog also since I help with an adoption support group.

I am thinking that there may be a possiblity that my cousin lives in Grab-your-lasso too and he could be one of those crazy bike riders! LOL! I keep thinking about getting you connected with them jobwise. He says he knows many of the vets also.

We adopted two years ago from Kaz. A 3 year old boy. We have had many interesting adventures over the last two years. You often put into words what I feel so keep it up! :) Karen

Anonymous,  February 3, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

Aye from Minnesota. I follow your blog, but don't blog myself. We adopted two children from Ukraine in 2002, so I love to follow blogs of people that do the same. I've been following yours since before you got home with Maddie. All your children are precious (but you knew that, didn't you;)
Cath

Annie February 3, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

I'm with Elaine - I can't believe the confidence of people who have "followers".

Anyway - I check in frequently...but not all the time... I need to go back and get your "full story"...it was only recently I finally figured out what your husband's work was and WHY you ended up in Wyoming!

But I do enjoy hearing about adoptive family's stories - your's is no exception! I hope to get to know you better....

jessy February 3, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

A tribute to Seuss: We are here, we are here, we are HEEEEEERE!

K February 3, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

Hi Tami,

I've been following your blog for quite some time! thanks for being a great mom, great inspiration, and always real :)

Susan February 3, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

I'm here, too, off and on! It's great to follow Maddie's adventures and to see her flourishing.

I hope the housing/jobsearch difficulties are soon resolved. These are tough times for many people...

Susan in (frozen) Ky
Cousin to Two from Ukraine

Barb,  February 3, 2009 at 8:27 PM  

Hi there,

I've been following since your journey with "Finding Maddie"... I've been addicted ever since! I too am an adoptive parent of 2 kids (through foster care). I chose to do it solo as a single parent as well. I appreciate your humor and keeping it real! Good luck with your housing and job situation!

Lucky Mom February 3, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

I read your blog(s) everyday since last year during your trip to Ukraine. I have 4 adopted children from Russia and was in the process of bringing my 4th daughter home shortly after you brought Maddie home. I am not a prolific blogger but you are welcome to take a look at ...
srlsfamily.blogspot.com

Christy February 3, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

I'm here. Glad to hear that everyone is feeling better.

AdoptaMama February 4, 2009 at 2:41 AM  

Hi Tami. Feel free to add me to your blog list. I get the hits, too, but only an occasional comment. Perhaps one day I'll be confident enough to do this. Oh, wait, I did once and no one "came out." It was a very sad day. ;)

Sheri February 4, 2009 at 6:13 AM  

Hi there!
I have been following your blog for almost a year now!! It's one of my favorite!
Thanks for being a great inspiration to me!!
I adopted a little girl from India almost 2 years ago.
Sheri

Caroline February 4, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

Count me addicted since you began Maddie's journey as well. I *love* the way you write, your terrific common sense mothering, and do THANK YOU for continuing to blog so regularly! :-D If you write, we will come.

julie,  February 4, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Hi! I found out about your blog from your cousin Teresa. I have been following since you brought Maddie home.

Anonymous,  February 4, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

Hey Tami, I'm here always checking blogs but never write a thing. You're the writer in the family. I can never remember my password so I signed in anonymous today. ;) ~Amy (in PA -- YEAH STEELERS!!

Anonymous,  February 4, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Hi Tami:
I enjoy reading your blogs and have been since I clicked a link from Steve and Gail's when they were in the Ukraine. My kids are 18 and 14 and from Korea and Vietnam.
Elaine

Sarah February 4, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

I don't remember how I came across your blog but I check it pretty frequently. Thank you for sharing your story! I will try to comment more often!

Sharon February 4, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

Hi. I read your blog almost every day. I really enjoy reading about your family. Your family sounds wonderful. I just don't usually have much to say that anyone else would care about :) Hope you don't mind me lurking.

JP February 4, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

I'm here. Mom to 5 kiddos. 2 of them adopted, one of those from Ukraine.

Love reading and checking up on how Maddie is doing. Thanks for the laughs, tears, and insight into your hearts as you love your kids.

Loren February 4, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Hi! Loren from TN here. I started following your blog when you were working on paperwork to bring Maddie home. It's been informative for me - someone who's thinking of dipping her toes into international adoption. I enjoy the funny stories and your honesty. Keep it up!

mrsbroccoliguy February 4, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

You know I'm here! And I know what you mean about comments... totally brightens the day!

Rachel February 4, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Hi Tami,

I think I came across your blog through a friend of a friend of a family member's blog. I love seeing/hearing how other people's daily lives go and I'm also fascinated with international adoption (I left a comment about that a couple of weeks ago).

Thanks for sharing!

Troy and Rachel February 4, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

I'm here!! I'm glad Maddie is feeling better - hope no one else caught it!!

Gala February 4, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

Hi!
I'm a lurker from Kansas. Being addicted to your blog for a while. I have twins that are Maddie's age and I'm originally from Ukraine (moved to the US over 10 years ago).
Love to read your updates and thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Gala

Maggie February 4, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

Hi Tami--

I'll heed your call to delurk with an epiphany. I linked over a few weeks ago via Creme de la Creme, and have since read all of Finding Maddie and Sunflower Seeds.

And I couldn't quite say why I was doing it. You and I are polar opposites in so many ways--politics, faith, crimson&blue vs. purple, Grab-Your-Lasso, WY vs. Colorfully Gentrifying, MA--and, besides, my husband and I are gearing up for IVF #2 in the next cycle, not looking to adopt.

Until last night. We got a bolt-from-the-blue phone call from my teenage cousin in Wichita, asking us to adopt her year-old daughter.

In the interest of not being too hasty or excited, today, my husband and I talked to our best friends, several siblings, my parents, an adult adoptee friend, our pastor, a marriage & family counselor, two lawyers, a judge...

Two weeks ago, I had never even heard of attachment issues, but now I'm headed to the library post haste. Consider the earth salted by your blog!

Brenda Rush,  February 4, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Not only do I read your blog, I look forward to it. It helps me feel conected I guess. Your writing is creative and entertaining. Please don't ever stop. I'll try to be better about commenting. Until now I didn't know how. Ugh.
Brenda Rush

Jan R. February 4, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

I check in from time to time - I dream of having another little member of my boys and chaos - would love a little girl and would love to adopt one - but for now I live vicariously thru you!
Thanks for sharing that with me!
I hope you come to come peace about being in Wyoming!
With love from Oak Park, CA

Muddy February 6, 2009 at 1:25 AM  

I lurk mostly-but totally enjoy catching up on your blog a time or two (or three) a week.

::yells "HERE"::

;)

Wishcrafter February 9, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

Still here, Still in Joetown, Still in cable paradise, still (a little) bitter. But your blogs make me feel better :)
kg

Kristina February 10, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Hi! I'm a lurker from Puerto Rico.:) Found your blog about 2 months ago. I love coming by and reading about your kids. :D

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP