Powered by Blogger.

goodbye hilda...hello...?????

Thursday, February 26, 2009

'Hilda', who has been giving me BIG fits for the last several months...finally gave up the ghost.

I 've got a surprise for you...
Here's a hint...
I am typing to you from my kitchen...something I have never been able to do.
Yep! I got a new computer.
Okay, so the surprise was more for me than for you.
Sorry about that...
But YAY me!
The old beast which I secretly called 'Hilda' and who has been giving me BIG fits for the last several months, finally gave up the ghost. I doubt she can be fixed, so she has been replaced by a brand spanking new Dell...which I am already in love with.
Does anyone know how to run a webcam.
Wait! Do I really want to know how to run a webcam?
I mean, after all...isn't one of the joys of working from home, working in your jammies?!
And I definitely don't want anyone seeing me in my jammies.
Anyway...
I need to seriously thank my parents here for helping me out on this one. I have a BIG project due next week and since Hilda was giving me fits and I was pulling all of my hair out - and since we haven't gotten our tax refund back yet, Mom and Dad spotted us until the refund comes in a couple of weeks.
Thanks Mom & Dad! (I think they read the blog.)
So anyway...I'm thinking the new laptop needs a name, so here's where you all come in.
Put on those thinking and give me your best suggestions.
If you come up with a winner I promise to be very grateful and send up extra prayers of thanksgiving for you. ;)
Who knows...I may be even willing to mention you in my blog and make you famous.

15 salty messages:

Bethany February 26, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Gertrude. Gertrude McGilligcutty is better, but kind of long for when you need to curse her out. Trudi when she's being good and helpful. Full name when she's not.

Tanya February 26, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

Hi Tammy, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment about Maya's speech therapy. The meeting is going to be scheduled in the next few months. Meanwhile the therapist, whom I am not at all crazy about, is telling me that she is age appropriate on paper. She is 4.5 years old and only about 80% intelligible, her substitutions are atypical (s for f) and unlikely to resolve on their own, as per her initial evaluation by the early intervention at age 3. What does IEP stand for, I appologize for my ignorance, but you are the second person to mention it and I don't know what it is. What can I tell them when the meeting comes to keep her classified, I am having her teacher write a letter, her ENT, but if the speech therapist tells them she is age appropriate won't our case be over right there?

mixednutsblog February 26, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Hmmm...if your brand new Dell is like my brand new Dell, there should be something in your "All programs" menu that says "Dell Webcam." Open that, and it brings up a window with you inside! You just push a button to record (don't ask me what the heck you do with it from there...). I have already played with mine a little since I have never had a webcam and thought it was cool.

Hooray for you! I can truly say that I know just how exciting that is!

Nelly February 26, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

How about George. Does it have to be a girl name??

Nancy in Redmond, WA,  February 26, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

I think your computer is Dellilah.

Tina in CT February 27, 2009 at 6:01 AM  

Heloise is my suggestion as it sort of flows with Hilda.

Courtney February 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

Dash (from the Incredibles). It would hopefully encourage lightning speed and less temperament than a girl computer. ;)

Diana February 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

You're such a crack-up, Tami! That's why I love reading your blog.

Sampson - he's strong and robust and who knows, he might have even been good looking, too. :-)

Mike & Tara February 27, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

Whenever I need a girls name for an inanimate object I always use Henrietta...it's got spunk! :o) Congrats - enjoy the new pc smell while it lasts!

Anonymous,  February 27, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

Yeah for you on your new purchase! Let's go for positive here, and name her Faith!

Barb from WI.

kate February 28, 2009 at 3:56 AM  

How can we help name it without seeing it? Where's the picture?

I'll go with Zoe for now--but reserve the right to change my mind after I've seen it.

Stephanie February 28, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

Sorry that your old beast gave up the ghost :( Mine has been giving me fits lately too which is so not fun when trying to do freelance work, so I feel your pain!

A brand new Dell laptop!! Woo hoo!! :) Lucky you! I think you should call her Bertha!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP