Powered by Blogger.

i don't know

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

That's the answer I've given everyone who's asked today.

I really just don't know how the interview went.
It seemed good. You know the vibe you get when everything seems to be going your way...there was a lot of smiles, head-bobbing and general good feelings this morning.
BUT...
I'm one of six people they're talking to this week...
And I was the first.
So here's the question...
Was it good to be first, because I set the standard?
Or was it bad to be first, because they'll forget me by Friday?
That's what I can't figure out.
The job itself is perfect.
I would be writing...a lot...which as you know I like to do.
I would be coming up with copy for print and broadcast, which is good because I have plenty of experience in both.
The hours would be flexible...which is awesome! In my last job my boss gave us the flexibility of pretty much setting our own hours. As long as I got my work done and she knew when we would be in, she was fine.
I can't say this job will be the same, but it sounds like they'll let me set my hours at least to a certain degree...which is a huge bonus when you have four kids! :)
And then there's the clincher...la pièce de résistance...
I would have my own office!
I've never had an office all to myself before! :)
Pretty cool, huh?
I thought so.
The committee is finishing up interviews this week and hopes to have someone selected by next week.
I just hope its me.

17 salty messages:

Katie February 10, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

I'll be praying for you. I know what a big deal this is for your family. I don't know whether being first is good, bad, or neutral, but it sounds like you made a good impression!

Tina in CT February 10, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

It sounds like the perfect position for you and your own office! The best part is double what you were making in KS!

One thing about being first is that you made a good impression and now everyone else will be compared to the high standard that you made. Did she/he say when a decision would be made or would several be called back for second interviews?

I'm hoping that it will go your way!

Carolynn and Steve February 10, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

prayers here that all goes well...

Elaine February 10, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

It does sound like a great job for you! I'll keep you in my prayers.

kitzkazventure February 10, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

I thought of you today and prayed. I will now pray that the rest of them pale in comparison and there really is no other choice but YOU. :)

Lin February 10, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

Good Luck! Sounds like a great opportunity! I like the flexibility in hours. I have that and it makes up for the crummy pay.

Diana February 11, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

Don't over-analyze it too much. It is what it is. Just pray like crazy and leave it in the Lord's hands. You'll drive yourself completely batty otherwise. :-)

Troy and Rachel February 11, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

We'll be praying you get this job. It sounds wonderful! Let us know as soon as you can!!

Cashmere February 11, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

All the best to you! I hope you'll get the job.. :)

Rachael February 11, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

Best of luck to you. It does sound perfect. I'll be thinking of you until we hear!

Nataliya February 11, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Oh my goodness! You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers - I REALLY hope you got it!

joy February 12, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

i really hope you get the job. have a blessed day!

Stephanie February 12, 2009 at 1:52 AM  

Keeping you in my prayers. This job sounds almost perfect for you and I hope that it all works out!

Annie February 12, 2009 at 5:23 AM  

Me, too..... How stressful. But, I agree with Diana. Now you just have to give it up to God and wait. (THAT'S the hard part - I know; I'm in that mode myself.)

John & Lucia February 12, 2009 at 9:03 AM  

I am sure that you have set the standard! Lay it at His feet and all will be as it should be.

I am praying for you!

Lucia

MamaPoRuski February 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

O Wow! Sorry I am just catching up on your blog! Can't wait to hear the good news when you get "the" job!

Wishcrafter February 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

You were the first one I interviewed. After that, everyone else paled in comparison. If they don't hire you, they need their collective heads examined.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP