Powered by Blogger.

miracles do happen

Monday, February 9, 2009

Haaaaaaalleeeeeelujah!!!

I have a job interview!
TOMORROW!!!!!!!!
The woman just called me a few minutes ago and asked if I could be there at 9:30 tomorrow morning!!
Aaaaack!
Talk about last minute.
Pray...please, please, please pray!
This job would be a HUGE answer to prayer.
Remember all that stuff I wrote about last week?
The not being able to buy a house?
The not knowing if we should stay or go?
The not having health insurance?
ALL of that would go away if I can get this job!
Not only would our family finally have decent health insurance...I would be earning twice as much as I have ever earned in my lifetime.
Hmmm...that says one of two things...
Either I have always been grossly underpaid...
Or this job is way more complicated than I'm thinking and I'm in huge trouble!
I'm leaning toward grossly underpaid...but ya never know.
Anyway, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I have to tell you, just having an interview after six months is a HUGE ego booster.
I have a million questions running through my mind right now...
How am I going to find the time to color my hair?
What kinds of questions are they going to ask?
Who's going to take Maddie to preschool?
Do I need to take a portfolio with me?
Will they like me?
And most importantly...
WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?!!!!
I think this calls for a trip to Koh!s.

18 salty messages:

jessy February 9, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

I was so happy to see the title of this post! I'm smiling from ear t ear. I would say, "Good luck tomorrow," but you and I both know there is no such thing as luck. ;0)

Tina in CT February 9, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

I just left a long comment and it got zapped somehow.

Carolynn and Steve February 9, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Tami,

Huge prayers for you for tomorrow!

Carolynn

PIPO February 9, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Sending you all good wishes!

Tina in CT February 9, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

I'll try to remember what I'd written earlier.

On your way home from Kohl's (better yet Talbot's), stop at Rite Aid for a box of Garnier Nutriesse (on sale). I stopped for a box on my way home for a box.

Perhaps this job was out there for you and that's why nothing else materialized. Double what you used to make. Wow, that is something!

I'll be interested to hear what the job is and how the interview goes/went. Blog tomorrow.

As for Maddie, is a friend able to step in tomorrow with transporting/babysitting? Hope so.

Yes, bring a portfolio and in it have several copies of your current resume on good, bond paper (impress them). Remember that you have lots of experience and are bright, accomplished lady.

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christy February 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

You will be in my prayers. Best of luck tomorrow.

AdoptaMama February 9, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Good luck. Everything's crossed for you! Can't wait to hear details.

John & Lucia February 9, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

Praying for you! Hope all goes well tomorrow!
Lucia

mrsbroccoliguy February 10, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Great News!!! No matter what, it's an honor just to be nominated! LOL. But seriously, I am praying for you bigtime that you get this job!!

Svetlana February 10, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

great news!!! We will pray!! and let us know how it go;-)

DoveFamily February 10, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Praying that all goes well!!

Tina in CT February 10, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

I've been thinking of you today and keep checking to see if you've posted anything about the interview.

Elaine February 10, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

Hope it went well! Can't wait to hear!

Carlee February 10, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

Waiting to hear how it went!!!

Annie February 12, 2009 at 5:24 AM  

Well...it is a comfort to know I'm not the only one who thinks - "Job interview! I have to color my hair!"

Wishcrafter February 13, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

Trust me. You were grossly underpaid.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP