Powered by Blogger.

tidbit tuesday

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I know its Wednesday, but today's post fit more of a tidbit Tuesday format. Besides Tuesday was just yesterday, so what do you say we just forget what day of the week it is? Okay?
Okaaaay!
Lots of little things going on...just nothing worth writing a whole blog about...so here's your semi-weekly tidbit Tuesday.

Still jobless - I still haven't heard a peep out of the people I interviewed with last week. I've sent a couple of emails saying 'thanks for the interview' and 'what is the status?' but haven't got so much as a 'don't bug us' kind of reply. Since they said they were going to make a decision early this week, I'm assuming I'm out of luck. Sigh.

Freelance free-for-all - Even though I am jobless, its not like I'm not working. I have three free-lance writing jobs on my plate right now...that's good. One of them is for my former employer who is finding out my department (which they dismantled) actually did a lot of work and they're having a hard time figuring out how to get our stuff done. Payback stinks. ;>)

Making Amends - Nick made amends this week with his teacher, principal and the kids that he pushed down last week. Last night we spent the better part of two hours writing apology notes to the kids, their families, the teacher and principal. Since Nick HATES to write I think this was a pretty valuable lesson...and it got him some much needed practice on his penmanship. He is still spending each recess with his head on his desk - at my request. At times I feel a little sorry for him, but then I remind myself of what he did....the feeling disappears pretty quickly.

Clear Ears - Anya is feeling better. She said her ear hurts a little today, but its much better than Sunday. But just when one is getting better...another falls victim. Maddie is fighting a cold and cough now. Sigh. Spring can't come soon enough.

Grab-Your-Lasso Benefits - There are big benefits to living in Wyoming...like ski trip field trips! Alek gets to go skiing next month with his 5th grade class. HOW. COOL. IS. THAT?! And just in case you're wondering what in the world this has to do with education, let me just quote my kid's permission slip...

"This activity meets the movement Standard 8.1.1c,
'students will demonstrate skill in lifetime activities.'
Yea...whatever. What I want to know is why in the world didn't we have these kind of field trips when I was a kid?!!!
I'm planning on sending a small digital camera along so Alek can chronicle this awesome field trip for you. Who knows...maybe I'll even let him guest-blog that day as part of my 'you've-got-to-get-something-educational-out-of-this-experience' Mommy Standard 2.17.09a. ;>)

10 salty messages:

Ashley February 18, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

Wow! I have never been skiing before! How cool is that?

And who cares what day it is? LOL

Leslie February 18, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

WHAT??? SKIING??? I believe the most I ever got was a trip to the post office. I would so volunteer to chaperone THAT trip!

Tina in CT February 18, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

I started skiing in college and was hooked. I hung up my skis many years ago as we were always at the ice rink with Tamara and couldn't be (or pay for) two places at once. Skiing is a wonderful short and I loved it.

I'm sure Alex will love it and want to go again.

It's a class function and they are enjoying the great outdoors and having fun as a group so that's a good reason.

Glad one is better and hope the other sick one gets better soon.

As for Nick, you are doing the right thing. I bet the school is very impressed with the stand you and Shad are taking and that you are such involved parents. Too bad more parents dont act the same way.

I am hoping you'll hear about the job and with good news. Even though they told you that they would be contacting you the beginning of the week, things happen. I've worked in HR and it often takes much longer for the hiring process.

Bethany February 18, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

Ya, I'm jealous of Alek. My field trips were to the post office and a civil war battlefield...three times in elementary school! Glad to see things are getting sunnier in sunflower land.

kate February 19, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Why don't you chaperone?

Our school has Fun in the Snow on 28 February. But it's just FUN in the snow. (Skiing, skating, tubing...and families are welcome!)

Tami February 19, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

I should. But I can't. Its hard finding babysitting for Maddie for these types of things...and without a true job the finances aren't there right now for me to justify the rent for my equipment.
Besides, what almost 11-year-old boy wants his mom to go with him on a cool field trip like this! ;)

Annie February 19, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

I had a sixth grader do a speech today and her topic was "Why Field Trips Are Important"; she mentioned the field trips to the skating rink and the bowling alley, and noted that "Everyone needs to waste time."

Cracked me up. Actually, these "field trips" are substitutes for holiday parties for the older kids...but her assessment was entertaining.

iceah February 19, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

read your cast of characters just so I could catch up with you cute story here c: you have a pretty interesting family c: I shall be a constant visitor I was glued by your sunflowers and your lovely story c:

stephanie February 20, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

Ahh, the joys of living here in Wyoming! LOL

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP