Powered by Blogger.

where's that bucket?

Monday, February 2, 2009

Batten down the hatches...
All hands on deck...
Somebody bring me the Lyso!.
Maddie is sick...with the stomach flu.
And on her one-year anniversary to boot!!! (For a recap of last year's festivities, head on over to Sage Brush)
Poor thing...she's been hurling since 1 a.m. this morning...and there's no end in sight. She even gave me something to clean up in the van on the way to take the other three to school this morning.
THAAAAAT was fun! I was THIS close to having four times the mess, if you know what I mean.
So I guess you're going to have to wait a few days for the one year anniversary video. It's still not done (its taking me way too long)...and I seriously doubt I'll get much more done today than rocking in the rocking chair while watching Blue's Clues...
...or maybe Dora.
...or if I'm lucky some highlights from last night's Super Bowl if Maddie falls asleep. (Wooohooo! Steeeleeeers! :)

8 salty messages:

Annie February 2, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Oh....I'm so sorry; that's never pleasant (to say the least!)

I have a question... I haven't quite figured out the difference between your two blogs...Sunflower Seeds and Sagebrush Diaries....

I enjoy them both!

Thanks for your note of empathy. I need it.

Elaine February 2, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Poor Maddie! Poor you! I hope she feels better soon, and I hope it doesn't make its way through the entire family.

Tami February 2, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Sage Brush is supposed to be more like my diary...my thoughts behind what goes on here everyday...but it hasn't worked out too well. I'm thinking of turning it more into a spiritual journal. God's been teaching me quite a bit lately and since writing helps me process, it may be the venue I'm looking for.

Tina in CT February 2, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

Poor Maddie (and you)! Hope it's only the 24 hour variety and that it doesn't hit the rest of the family.

Christine February 2, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

Happy Anniversary! I hope Maddie feels better soon! I also hope no one else gets it!

Courtney February 2, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

I do NOT envy you! We haven't had any puking stuff since the boys were treated for giardia when they first got home. I'm not looking forward to our first bout with stomach flu!

Katie February 2, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Nope...You have definitely got it worse than I do. I may not have gotten a lot of sleep last night, but the hurling was minimal and well confined. And today? He was back to his exhausting, hyperactive self--which I did not have the emotional energy to deal with after no sleep.

I hope Maddie feels better soon!

Old DAN AND Little ANN February 3, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

I know what you mean about increasing the mess. I SO couldn't make it as a janitor in a hospital. It is hard to be there for my kids when they are sick this way. Definitely one of the tougher mommy challenges.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP