Powered by Blogger.

wonders never cease

Friday, February 27, 2009

'I want to clean the bathroom' - Anya

Y
esterday afternoon after all the homework was done, it was clean-up time.
We usually wait until the weekend for the family clean-up time. That's when we REALLY clean the house. I just keep it tidy during the week by myself. But since my schedule is all messed up because of the freelance work, I decided to 'let' the kids help me tidy up a bit.
The boys were on to my scheme.
They didn't complain about having to clean their rooms, dust and vacuum...its just that I wasn't getting them to volunteer for anything.
Thank goodness I have Anya.

"I need you guys to clean the upstairs bathroom,' I called over the sound of clanging plates and running water.
'I'll do it,' Anya called back.
With suds up to my elbows, I tracked Anya down.
'Honey, you don't have to do it yourself, I just need you all to work together to get it done.'
'Oh, no Mom. I WANT to do it. I WANT to clean the bathroom.'
'You do?'
'Oh, yes! Its fun!'


Of course I was more than willing to take advantage of my poor, dilusional child.
She's the only one I can trust to get it done right! :)


11 salty messages:

Christen and Frank February 27, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

Tami,

Thank you for leaving a note on my blog. :) I have just found your Adoption DIY blog. Wow! This is full of great info for someone like me who's just getting started. I'll be back!

Leslie February 28, 2009 at 3:50 AM  

um . . . can i borrow Anya???

kate February 28, 2009 at 3:54 AM  

I *told* you I was an Anya fan!

Mountain Woman February 28, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

What a fantastic little girl your Anya is. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. It's the way I find new blogs to read and I can't wait to read more about your adorable children.

Rachael February 28, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

Can I borrow her for a while?

Annie March 1, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

Tina stole my idea. I can get my children to do just about anything but that!

Old DAN AND Little ANN March 2, 2009 at 12:29 AM  

I am looking forward to the day that Nat and Lyd are old enough for that chore!

Jill March 2, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

What a sweetheart! :o)

Tanya March 2, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

What a good girl, I admit I enjoy a good scrub of a tub too.

Lynda S,  March 3, 2009 at 6:11 PM  

Oh my goodness!! She's just like Chrissy. Too bad we can't get them together anymore. The rest of our kids could learn a lot from them! Love you lots!! Lynda

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP