Powered by Blogger.

decisions, decisions...

Monday, March 16, 2009

Yep. We're a couple of wild and crazy girls!

Ihad a choice to make yesterday.
Shad planned on taking a few days off to head back to Kansas to check on the house. It bugs him to leave it sitting there while we wait for it to sell, so he wanted to make sure everything is alright.
He asked if I wanted to go.
Hmmm...let's see, drive 11 hours one way so I can spend my days chasing after four completely bored children, drive 30 minutes each way for each meal to hunt down fast food, sit on the floor to eat, watch movies on my laptop and sleep on a hard floor...
Oooooorrrrr....
I could spend three days in Grab-Your-Lasso without a husband and three older children...
No cooking, no laundry, no griping, no arguing.
Hmmmmmmmm...
Tough choice.
I don't know. Let me think about it.
Shad and the kids left without me. ;>)
You would think with the hubby and big kids gone, Maddie and I would be having all kinds of adventures.
Well, you'd be wrong.
The most excitement we've had in the last 24 hours is our little trip to Bath & Body Works this morning. And that's alright by me. Isn't that what Spring Break is all about? Rest and relaxation?
Besides...we got alot done on our errand. We picked out three new scents of hand soap for the master bath (its my one and only indulgence and it was 3 for $10...not too bad).
Irresistable Apple, Rainkissed leaves and Sea Island Cotton.
I wish there was smell-o-websites, ladies, because that Sea Island Cotton stuff is yuuuuummmy.
BTW - I think B&B has a new fan. Maddie walked in the store and I'm not kidding you...she oooohhhhed.
Loudly.
Because everything Maddie does is done loudly.
Then she started checking out the displays, occasionally calling to me, 'Mommeeeeeee, me wanna mell...'
Then she'd give feedback.
A wrinkled nose and I knew she couldn't stand it.
A smile and a raised eyebrows and I knew we had a contender.
But if she said, 'Ooooohhh, Mommy. I liiiiiiiike it.' then I had no choice but to put it in the cart. (And sneak it back out later.)
That's how we got Rainkissed Leaves. I forgot to take it back out of bag. Darn.
Maddie was completely in girly-girl heaven. She's asked me no less than 10 times since this morning if she can smell the new soaps. I'm going to have to watch this child. She LOVES good smelling things and subscribes to the motto 'the more the better.'
After our B&B experience, we promptly came home, ate lunch - which consisted of Ham and Swiss Lunchables...then she went down for a nap...and I settled on the couch for some blog reading.
We have equally big plans later.
Its dinner and a movie for these party animals.
You know...homemade quesadillas and watching Enchanted while sitting in the family room munching on buttered popcorn.
I'm hoping the Madster falls asleep early so I can dive into a new book I picked up at Walmart - Prairie Hills. A Christian romance novel.
Yep. We're a couple of wild and crazy girls!
Anybody have ideas for tomorrow's agenda?

12 salty messages:

Tina in CT March 16, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

We love that store. Whenever they have their big twice a year sales, I'm there each week that the sales are on as different items are on special each week. I have my own "Store" at my house of their sale items. I often give the hand soap pumps are little gifts when one is needed. I have so many favorite scents. I use their bath gel, body lotion and sprays daily.

My granddaughters had so much fun there this Jan. while Tamara shopped for lip gloss on sale to bring back to Moscow for gifts. Katya and Natalia each got to get something small and pick something out to give their mother.

I agree that you made the wise choice to stay home with Maddie. Your plans for tonight sound good.

Tomorrow - How about going to the library and reading some books? Maybe they'll be having a story hour or if you have a Borders or Barnes & Noble, maybe they'll be having one.

Enjoy the quiet few days of 1-on-1 time with Maddie.

Debbie March 16, 2009 at 6:04 PM  

Oh, can I join you for dinner and the movie and the popcorn? I may just have to go wash my hands in the master bath, too. :-)

Bethany March 16, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

Sounds fine by me! Back when Aaron was getting his master's, and took night classes, a friend of mine would come over with her little guy, AJ's age, and we would share a plate of nachos and just talk. We called it Girls' Night In. It was just the best. Have fun with your ACTUAL vacation!

Diana March 16, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

Now that's my kind of spring break! It sounds quite delightful to me!

Stephanie March 17, 2009 at 1:43 AM  

Sounds like you two are going to have a wonderful time with lots of peace and rest :)

Svetlana March 17, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

I don't know if you have tea house there, that would be something i will do with my gils. Dress up and got for a tea ;-)
BTW i should take my girls there very soon ;-)
Have fun!!
Sveta

Mike & Tara March 17, 2009 at 10:43 AM  

Wow - their spring break is even earlier than ours! :o) Have a great time relaxing - and the tea house idea is a great one. We took Nicholas for an English Tea (Mike's British) and he was so tickled - I don't think he'd ever experienced tea from a pretty pot and all the little cakes and sandwiches. He loved it!

Troy and Rachel March 17, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Enjoy your bliss!!! I don't know what to do with myself when I minute of free time!! This is great time for just you and Maddie and smelling soap sounds fun to me!

Elaine March 17, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

Oh wow! The whole house to yourself with just one kiddo? Not that I don't LOVE my kiddos, but to have even a day with only one in the house (it doesn't even matter which one)? It would be refreshing.
I have often wished there were such a thing as smell-o-blogging, too; but it's probably better for my readers that there isn't. Not everything I've wanted to share over the past couple of years has been B&BWorks quality.

AdoptaMama March 18, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

How fun! I love those down times when the little things mean so much to the little ones. I thrive on those days!

Annie March 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

Sounds - well.....just amazing.

Karya March 21, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

That sounds like a heavenly break!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP