Powered by Blogger.

i'd like to thank the academy...

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I just love awards.
I see them around the blogosphere and have to admit...I get just a touch envious. Its such a nice touch to people's blogs. A little colorful image that says, 'Hey, I did a great job! :)
I started seeing the following awards a few months ago and kept wishing someone would nominate me! :)
Well, guess what?! April over at Doin' the Working Mom Thing nominated me for the Lemonade award! Isn't she the sweetest? (Ha! Pun fully intended.) And Stephanie over at From Huskies to Husbands tapped me with the Friends Award. I feel so honored!!! :)
And now I get to pass it on.

THE LEMONADE AWARD


Here are the rules...


  1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
  2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show attitude and/or gratitude.
  3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
  4. Let them know they have received this award by commenting on a post.
  5. Nominate your favorites and link to this blog.
Hmmmm....now let me think. Who will I pass this on to?
Alright...I've made my choices, but PLEASE if I didn't include you, don't get offended. There are a million great blogs out there - believe me, I read most of them! And I can only list TEN! (One of these days I need to come up with an award for every last one of you! :)

1. American Girls in Moscow - What can I say? I LOVE this blog. Tamara (who has a really cool name, BTW) writes about her life as an ex-pat mom in Moscow. Real life - Marshrutkas, babushkas, migraines and all. You really should check her out.

2. Mixed Nuts - One of my newest bloggy friends, Katie, is the mom of four great boys and is waiting to find out what baby #5 will be. I'm voting for a girl! :) She is funny, witty and oh so very real!

3. Looking for George - Who else could get in trouble while wearing a lei at Wal-Mart while shopping for salad dressing and raisins...or create an American Culture night because her kids don't know what a Twinkie is? Elaine makes me laugh so hard I cry. This woman should write a book, I'm tellin' ya! I first found her a couple of years ago before she brought home her youngest son, Quinn (awesome name, by the way!) Since then our lives have been strangely intertwined. We have brought home young children, moved our families half-way across the country and found the transition difficult. All the while, Elaine has kept her sense of humor...and her blog readers have been treated to some incredible posts. Looking for George is a must read!

4. The VaChina Monologues - If anyone has turned lemons into lemonade its PIPO. This amazing physician and prolific blog writer waited three years to bring her daughter home from China. During the process she's gone through everything, but she never gave up. She is just getting ready to return from this amazing trip with her daughter. You all need to go by and say hi!

5. The Beet Goes On - I just found the Expatresse through American Girls in Moscow a couple of months ago, and it was love at first sight. I have a feeling its a one sided relationship though. Now that I think about it I don't think I've ever commented on her blog. I need to rectify that. Despite my anonymity, I've enjoyed reading all about her adventures living in Russia's capital. The good...and the bad.

6. One Mother's Day - Annie has had a rough year. Really rough. But through it all she has kept her blog honest and insightful with a touch of humor. I'm a new reader of Annie's but have quickly become a devotee.

7. Slava Bogu! - MamaPoRuski is in Ukraine right now bringing home her daughter. It hasn't been an easy ride, but its been an honest one. MamaPoRuski shows the real sides of adoption, warts an all. And somehow she still manages to keep her wits and humor about her. She's one bloggin' mama I really look up to.

8. Always Wanted Four - A doctor by day, a mom of four cute as button kids at night, Rachel's got it all, including an awesome sense of humor and incredible insight. Her patient stories will leave you in stitches (Oh, I'm so punny tonight!) and her kid stories will have you saying 'Awwww.' You've got to stop by and say Hi!

9. From Russia, With Love - Kate is an expat living in St. Petersburg, Russia and after two VERY long years, is THIIIIIIIIS close to bring home her d2b (daughter(s) to be). Despite what you may think, living in Russia hasn't made Kate's adoption experience any smoother...in fact its been the opposite. But she hasn't given up...and she's just a couple of months away from meeting her daughter for the very first time. I'm SO excited! She was such a great source of encouragement during our trying times in Ukraine. I can't wait for her to experience the joys of parenthood for herself! :)

10. Gold to Refine - Diana is a wife, mother and blogger who is a wonderful resource for all adoptive parents. She and her husband, Blaine, brought their sons home from Ukraine almost two years ago. Together with their daughter, they have experienced the joys and trials of an international adoption and wouldn't change a thing. Diana has been such a comfort and encourager during these early days with Maddie.


THE FRIENDS AWARD



"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to those bloggers who must choose at least five more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

1. Mrs. Broccoli Guy - Christina, what can I say? She's been with me from almost the beginning. This woman has a way of writing that makes me laugh - out loud...when I'm not crying. I LOVE her! She is another blogger who has shared my life's track over the last few months. Moving, house not selling, finding the adjustment a little difficult. Thankfully, I don't have her propensity for finding the most horrendous neighbors...but even then she'll have you in stitches...I PROMISE!



2.
Landrum Family Adventures - Leslie literally has been with me from the beginning. She was the first blog I found...and commented on. I read her blog as she languished waiting for her appointment to bring her daughter, Kristina home. I celebrated with her as she finally got the date, traveled and was reunited with her girl! And I've rejoiced with her and her family in their decision to return to Ukraine to go through the process again. I just hope someday I'm able to meet up with her and have the hot chocolate we've been talking about for the last two years! :)



3.
Eight Hearts - Jessie has been on a blogging hiatus lately..and I've missed her horribly! She's in the middle of moving her family into an old church building - to LIVE! How COOL is that?! I'm anxiously waiting for her to get her DSL hooked back up so we can reconnect. She has been a wonderful inspiration and support through some of life's toughest moments. She always has a word of encouragement...or insight. And I really need that.

4. Loved Already - I first met Melissa on her blog...then met her in real life at the JFK airport. We were both on our second trips to Ukraine to bring home our kids. Melissa and her husband were getting three boys...we were going back for Maddie's court date. We spent the better part of the afternoon chatting at the Burger King and I've considered her a friend ever since.

5. Our Adoption Journey - Courtney is another PAP I first met online and later in real life. She and her husband, Mark, started their Ukrainian adoption journey way before we did, but we ended up with our SDA appointments one day apart. Shad and I met Mark and Courtney for dinner the night before at a small authentic Ukrainian restaurant somewhere in the heart of Kiev (I would NEVER in a million years be able to find it again! :) and we clicked. They were the first ones to lay eyes on Maddie and graciously passed her on to us and let us adopt her three weeks later! :) Now they're getting ready to go back to Ukraine to bring home two adorable little girls. I can't wait to follow their journey again.

I hope you'll stop by each and every one of these blogs.
They are a must read. Every. Single. Day!
And for those of you not listed, don't worry. I'll catch you next time.

9 salty messages:

Stephanie March 13, 2009 at 1:03 AM  

Congrats on both!! You really deserve them :)

Christina March 13, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

Congrats on the awards - you deserve both, and many more! And I am so touched you included me in your honorees! I really do feel like I know you, even though we've never met IRL! Hopefully someday we can rectify that... we loved Wyoming on our road trip a few years back, and I'd love to go again...

Elaine March 13, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

Aww, you are too nice! Thank you! You absolutely do deserve these blog awards. One of these days we should pick a central location (Kansas?) and get together. There are several blog friends I'd love to actually meet.

Diana March 13, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

Congrats on your awards! You are an inspiration to many of us. Thanks for sharing your blog love and including me!

The Expatresse March 13, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

Well, aren't you nice! Thanks so much.

Big hugs from Moscow . . .

kate March 13, 2009 at 11:32 PM  

Thanks, Tami! You'd think after three (not two, THREE) years in-process I'd have some good lemonade recipes. ;> Glad you liked them!

Cindy March 14, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

Congrats on the awards, and thank you for stopping by my blog. Two good places to start looking for freelance work at Elance.com and www.freelancewritinggigs.com To be honest, I'm not sure if either of them have journalism opportunities since I haven't looked for those specific jobs. Feel free to email me if you'd like (cindy @ fencedinfamily dot com)...I've looked at other sites in the past but have had the best success with these two.

MoscowMom March 14, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

Thanks so much, Tami! You're so sweet! I really appreciate it.

Annie March 15, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

Well! That was a happy surprise this morning. Thank you so much. I have just become a devotee of your blog, too, as it happens. I am surprised it has taken so long because we are clearly in the same "blog circle". Your favorites are my favorites....except for a couple I missed. I'll go check them out.

BTW - I actually think the ads on your blog make it look more "professional"....like it is an offshoot of some big-city paper or something. The layout is lovely. Cheerful! I love everything you have done visually.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP