Powered by Blogger.

day trip

Saturday, March 21, 2009

We've decided since we live SO close to SO many vacation destinations, we're going to take advantage of it.

What an awesome day!

Shad, the kids and I all took off for Estes Park, CO today and we had a BLAST. Its been a long time since we've taken a day just to spend together. Actually I think its been since our vacation last May, so we've decided now that we're living SO close to SO many vacation destinations, we're going to take advantage of it.
We're hoping to take day trips, or maybe weekend trips about once a month, if not more often this summer. We won't be able to afford a full vacation, but with two and three days here and there I think we'll be just fine.
Today, it was Estes Park.
I'm hoping next time we can tackle the Cave of the Winds.
I took waaaaaay too many pictures, but what can I say? My kids are adorable...and the scenery was just too beautiful to resist. ;)
Enjoy! (cllick on the box if you want bigger pictures)



7 salty messages:

Stephanie March 22, 2009 at 3:12 AM  

This is one of the places that I want to go back to. It is just so beautiful and peaceful there. Glad that you enjoyed the trip!!

Tina in CT March 22, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

Beautiful pictures!

I've heard so many times how beautiful Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park are. Tamara and the girls met up with friends there last summer for the day.

Wise plan to enjoy the country's beautiful areas since you live nearby.

PIPO March 22, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

Enjoy. It looks beautiful. I have heard such great things about Estes Park but have never been.

Diana March 22, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

Beautiful scenery! It's why we love the wild west! We love day trips, too. There's plenty to see and do around these parts. If you ever decide to venture into my neighboring state, give me a holler! I'll show you around the place.

Anonymous,  March 22, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

I don't think it is possible to take too many pictures. Looks like you had a good time. Makes me miss the mountains.-Christie

Mike & Tara March 23, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

Ahhh...Estes Park and RMNP - heaven on earth!! We got married inside the park - that's how much we love it!! :o) Glad you had a nice day trip!!

kate March 23, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

Cave of the Winds is fun. The CS zoo is great. In the summer there is a cowboy show at the Flying W ranch. Old Colorado City has a great puppet show....let me know if you need more amusements in the CO area! (biggest kid attractions in Denver: Elitches, Casa Bonita and the Pillsbury Cookie Factory tour. And BRONCO GAMES!)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP