Powered by Blogger.

what? no blizzard?

Monday, March 30, 2009

The wind is still howling and you can barely see across the street. I'd call that a blizzard.

We're in the middle of our fourth snowstorm in the last 10 days.
I say snowstorm and not blizzard because the winds are not a sustained 35 mph...just 30. Like it makes THAT much of a difference. The wind is still howling and you can barely see across the street. I'd call that a blizzard.
But you know what? As weird as it sounds, I can honestly say I'm starting to get used to these storms.
I know. Weird.
I think its because I've resigned myself to the fact that its going to be cold here in Grab-Your-Lasso for awhile...and I'm comforted by the fact that on weekends we can head down the mountain to where its warmer. As long as its not snowing.

That's not so bad...really.
Besides...this summer will be AWESOME!
It doesn't get much above 85 here, couple that with the low humidity and I say its PERFECT summer weather. So perfect, no one around here has central air or even window air conditioners.
Aaaah...
So, while you my bloggy friends, will be melting in the summer heat and humidity, I will be sitting under a tree, reading a book and not even breaking a sweat! :)
I'll put up with a few more winter storms for that! Besides, they're kind of pretty...when you're not out standing on your front porch taking video for all our low-lander bloggy friends! )
Enjoy! And send me warm thoughts...and maybe some hot chocolate. ;>)



16 salty messages:

Tina in CT March 30, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

I'll take a snowstorm anytime over a hot, humid day in July. I hate the heat and humidity. This is one grandma that won't be retiring South.

mrsbroccoliguy March 30, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

Oh my. That is some real winter weather there! But I agree, summer in Wyoming is AWESOME. It is SO SO pretty there too. Hold onto those thoughts!

jessy March 30, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

Glad to hear you're upbeat about it. Still not sure I would swap places with you...but try again in late July.

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Tetyana March 30, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Well here in sunny FL my kids enjoyed spring break in the backyard pool in sunny 80 degree weather! I will take warm winters and sweltering hot summers over a "snowstorm" any day! I hate the cold!!

I do think the snow is beautiful though!

Carrie March 30, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

Hehehehe. I had to laugh because we get weather like that ALL the time in the winter (spring?) here too but they never call it a Blizzard. ZMan and I think it's because we live in Alaska and they think you should just expect regular blizzards if you live in the great white north.... :) We also get rain with 60 MPH winds in the spring and fall, so whatcha gonna do?

E. March 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

I don't envy the snow, but I do miss the western summers (from my college days in Utah). The low, low, low humidity is WONDERFUL!

Missy March 30, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Every year that I lived in Vermont, we had a snowstorm in mid April that dumped about 2 feet. I do not miss that!! But you have to agree, if you don't have to drive on it...it's pretty to look at.

Bethany March 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

You would think that southern California summers would be fabulous. And they are, unless you're in our apartment. We've had candles melt. And they're not lit. This year, we hope we'll be in a new place, that's insulated, and not upstairs facing the western sun. Although, I do actually miss snow sometimes. We saw some at Christmas, but with freezing rain on top of the snow, the kids couldn't even play in it. I am glad you're getting comfy with the weather there. I'm sure it's absolutely beautiful. When it's not a pain.

Carlee March 30, 2009 at 11:52 PM  

You will win this summer, for sure. I will be melting away, like a snowman on a warm day, starting about...next month. But, today while we were planting the garden and getting the pool ready, but feeling a cool breeze and not melting yet, I enjoyed myself. Enjoy the snow while it lasts! I don't miss shoveling, but I do miss curling up with a book in front of the fireplace!

Diana March 31, 2009 at 2:20 AM  

Ha Ha! Check out what that same storm did to us! UGH!!! We're slated for about 3 or 4 more of them before the week is over...just in time for soccer season to start. Yeah.

Look me up if you ever decide to venture down to my neighboring state. :-)

Rachael March 31, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

I don't do cold weather well. I don't think your trade-off would entice me! But, I'm glad you have a nice summer to look forward to.

SLColman March 31, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

Should I burst your bubble about the summer here?

Stacie's Madness March 31, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

we had yucky weather here on Sunday...but it seems to be gone...c'mon spring!

Michelle March 31, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

Burrr cold. That looks like a bad storm. Sounds like you guys have some amazing weather for the summer months. Lucky you. I'm so tired of the snow this year. I live in Michigan and we were just hammered this year. I'm so ready for summer. So hears to sending you warm thoughts.

MamaPoRuski April 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

50 and spring rains in Seattle, it will be 60 with summer rains in July...come see us some time! LOL!

Annie April 1, 2009 at 3:25 AM  

We've had a few storms here in Michigan...including a similar-looking one on Sunday; fortunately it didn't stick. But, somehow it is nice when you KNOW that the end is near... Though, I grew up in Colorado, so I know that there is no real, trustworthy spring. That's what I like best about the midwest. I HATED, even as a little girl, seeing those crocus and daffodils covered with snow and ice!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP