Powered by Blogger.

funky like the chicken

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Writing is how I process...how I work my way through things. And I can't write my way through anything right now, because I don't know for sure who is reading it.

I'm in a funk.
A real honest-to-goodness funk.
In the large scheme of things what I'm funky about isn't that big of a deal. Well, its a big deal to me, but I'm sure there are lot worse things to be funky about. But for me, right here, right now, its big enough.
And the problem is, I can't write about it.
Which makes me even funkier.
Writing is how I process...how I work my way through things. And I can't write my way through anything right now, because I don't know for sure who is reading it.
ARGH! This is so frustrating.
I've tried just writing a post and not posting it, but its not the same, I need the feedback only you all can provide.
Sigh.
I wish Blogger offered protected posts. I could really use your insight right now.
And for the record...
No one is dying.
No one has offended me.

Shad, the kids and I are all just fine.
Nothing is wrong that can't be fixed.

Anyway...
While I'm in my funkiness, I need help coming up with blog-worthy material...otherwise you'll be subjected to more posts about my funkiness..and I really don't want to do that to you! :)
So this is where you come in.
I'm giving you the floor.
Letting you ask some questions.
Its been a while since I've done this...and there are several new readers, so lets see what we can come up with.


19 salty messages:

Anonymous,  April 21, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

Our house is in foreclosure and we are broke...we look like we are wealthy and I wish I could blog about it. I wish I could scream it from the rooftops!! I wish I could stop pretending. I wish I never gave some people my blog address. It would be so much easier for me to explain on our blog if people knew the WHOLE story...I have thought about starting a new blog and be anonymous but then how would I get those who read my blog now to read???

Good luck with your funk. I know how you feel!

Annie April 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

Well THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! All in the world I'm interested in is what you are in a funk about!

I don't feel it is fair to ask questions because I haven't read your whole history of posts..... Bit by bit!

Diana April 21, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

email me off-line and spill your guts. I'll respond :-) There's a link on my sidebar.

PIPO April 21, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

Funkalicious. I hope it hits the road soon.

I get it...completely.

Barb April 21, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Sorry to hear your state of mind these days...we can all relate to your issues perhaps in some way. I have a question about your old house. Has it sold yet? I can imagine that has to be a difficult situation. Are you able to rent it out in the meantime? I am very intersted in the real estate market these days. I have had my house up for sale(still occupied)for about 19 months and am equally as frustrated! Good luck with whatever it may be!

Barb in WI.

Bethany April 21, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Have you tried processing while exercising? (Haaaaaaaaaahahaha! With who this is coming from, you should be laughing with me. I have not been a consistent exerciser since high school. 10 years ago.) But, another friend of mine challenged her blog friends to start walking, so we now have an informal fitness blog: fitforthequeens.blogspot.com (and ALL are welcome to join us!) So, I was out walking a couple of weeks ago, and it helped me to clear my head, and logically think about what was going with A.J. I know it's been cold where you are, but maybe just getting physical will help remove some of the stress until you can get some feedback. Just a thought. Hope you can get out of your funk soon. I hate funks.

MoonDog April 21, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

tis the season to be funky, tra la la la la. la la la la. me too. but I did blog it.

jessy April 21, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

I did read a blog (but maybe it wasn't blogger, per say) where there WERE password protected posts, but I haven't the foggiest notion of how that was accomplished, and it was a long time ago. Since July, I too, have often wished for a venue to process a specific, private matter, but can't because some of my readers that I know IRL, read the blog but are not aware of the issue. And I need to keep it that way.
Questions? Questions? Hmm...well, what are your plans for the summer? Feel like a vacation to Texas? I know this gal with a BIIIIIG house where you can stay.

Jen April 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

I have this happen very frequently. I wanted to post about my brother being a complete a$$ but am not sure if he reads my blog. I'm not even sure he knows about it but we have a mutual friend so in all likelihood he is aware of it. I'd love to talk about his wife on so many occasions but I can't for the above. There are things I'd like to say about my kids, just to actually verbalize it and move on, not that I really mean it but it's then out there forever and I would hate to have them read something like that. Feel free to spill it in my comment section if you like or send an email, it's on my page. Writing helps, it quiets the mind.

Lillian April 22, 2009 at 2:41 AM  

I hope you'll have a peace of mind soon and I hope you'll eventually let it out-- whatever you're keeping.

Keep posting!

pam,  April 22, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

hope you get out of your funk soon.i hate being in those,but maybe you'll find that funk that your in is not a mountain you've been climbing,but a grain of sand. as far as questions what happened with the alpaca,does she live whith you all now so to speak or is she still a kansas resident? i drive by your house every once in awhile going to the store and things,it would be great if you could get it sold. our school has had to make lots of cut backs.we are down to one music teacher for the entire school that choir and band k-12 grades ,one councelor for the entire school system, they won't be starting school until after labor day and ending sooner in may,and there's been more cuts than that even. hopefully things will start to look up before long,because this recession thing is my funk. you have my email if you need to vent.

Rachael April 22, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

Are you on facebook? Cause if so, you can always send a group message to certain people and get feedback that way. And, that way you know who it's going to. (But, hey, if you ARE on facebook...find me, ok?)

Courtney April 22, 2009 at 8:21 AM  

Are you guys still using sign with Maddie (and at school)? I know you're focused on her oral learning, but I wondered if you were keeping the sign so she has communication even when her BAHA is off. :) I have a feeling we're going to be doing a LOT of sign for quite a while with our youngest.

Elaine April 22, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

Feel free to email me if you want to "talk" about it. I've been where you are (probably not the same reason for the funk, but the same "can't blog about it" thing).

Svetlana April 22, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

Same is here, i think everyone has something that they wish can share, but there is..... Some people do share stuff in their blog and they don't care who is reading.
I am pretty much try not to blog, some funk stuff because of my DH family, i do e-mail and chat on facebook with blog friends ;-)

SLColman April 22, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

You know that I am here for you. Spill it in an e-mail or if you need to "talk" then call!!! Hang in there :)

Troy and Rachel April 23, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

It's tough to not be able to blog about what you really want to blog about. I hope things turn up for your funk soon.

How is your ladies group going - are you still doing that? And I really must know how you manage four kids and all their activities!!!

Kim April 24, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

Blogs are weird like that... theraputic but not when you REALLY need it. I share a lot on mine, probably too much really, but I am not aware of anyone in my "real" life that reads it. Even so, there are some things I won't share there even though you couldn't guess I keep anything private by reading it.

Anyway.... a blogging topic for you
I am sure you have mentioned it before but I have never seen the answer, so here is my question:
why did you choose Ukraine rather than adopting from Russia again?

Julia April 25, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

I have been in a funk today too. Strange. I think there is much malcontent or discontent or whatever you want to call it floating around out there. Regardless of the reason, I am feeling you.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP