Powered by Blogger.

get along little doggy

Friday, April 24, 2009

Photobucket


I really need to do a better job of journaIing about the funny stuff the kids say or do.

Grab your Wranglers out of the laundry, pull your new Tony Lama's out of the box, dig through the kids toy box for your spurs and grab your lasso off the coat rack...its time for the Lazy T Round-up.

1. Thank you, thank you, thank you! - You all are the best! Thanks for the support! It means the world to me. Turns out Shad talked with some of the parties involved the same day I posted, so I may be able to write something soon. Its crazy how it makes all the difference.
So many of you offered to be a sounding board. I'm going to take you up on that this weekend. I just have to find the time to sit down at the computer.

2. Where's my brain? - Speaking of which...I'm sorry I've been so quiet lately. I realized after I posted on Monday, I had completely forgotten about a freelance story that was due last Friday.
Ooops.
Thankfully its for my former employer and my editor is awesome. She's more than a little patient with me. I'm almost done, but it has sapped most of my computer time during the last few days.
Excuses, excuses...I know.

3. Meeting of the minds - Tomorrow should be interesting. The woman I don't care for have a hard time dealing with, is coming in to train Maddie's preschool teachers and give them ideas on how they can better help her and make the environment an easier one for a hard-of-hearing child to learn in.
Crazy thing is the school year is almost complete, so it won't do her a lot of good...but hopefully it will help me be a better advocate for Maddie. If I know what SHOULD be happening, I can do a better job of making sure it DOES happen.

4. Play Ball - Baseball season kick off this weekend. Alek's team meets for a Get-to-know-you pizza party. I'm starting to wonder if this may be a better deal for Alek than I first thought.
Sure, he's not going to get to play on the more competitive teams...but maybe that will mean he gets more playing time AND get a chance to learn more.
Hmmmm...
Alek is excited. He's been out in the back yard practicing every afternoon. By practice I mean throwing a ball up into the air and catching it. Its hard to 'practice' anything in a yard not much bigger than a breadbox.
Meanwhile, I'm not sure what to do with Anya. When I signed the boys up for baseball I asked the ladies if they had a softball program for the girls.
Nope. And they didn't know of any.
Okay...in a town the size of Grab-Your-Lasso, there SHOULD be a softball league.
They said they had girls sign up for the baseball program...and since it was a coach-pitch type program, I thought maybe they just combined the two.
So I signed her up.
Two days later I got a flier in Anya's school folder, which announced sign-ups for the girls softball league.
Now I have to figure out who to call so I can pull her out of the baseball program and sign her up for the softball one.
Sigh.

5. What was that? - I really need to do a better job of journaIing about the funny stuff the kids say or do. At the end of the day I just can't remember a single funny thing...even though there have been hundreds!
I think I'm turning into my mom who has a hard time remembering things from day to day (not Alzheimers, just too busy to remember.)
UGH! Its frustrating.


6. Q&A - I do remember my request for your questions, so keep them coming. My goal is to get to them this weekend.
Do you want to know how Shad and I met?
What life was like pre-kids?

Why four?
Why do you call your blog 'Sunflower Seeds?'
I'm open to just about anything so ask away.

So...anyone want to join in this week? Just leave a comment and we'll be by in a bit to say Howdy. Just as soon as we've put the horses out to pasture, dusted off our Stetsons and eaten our weight in chocolate. ;>)

9 salty messages:

Katie April 24, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to forget the hilarious parts of life? Especially since it is so hard to forget the frustrating parts. I have a little notebook that I try to keep with me so I can write down when things are particularly funny to me so I can save them up for a post (hmm...I need to do that soon). I'd never remember stuff if I didn't.

Lillian April 24, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

Same here, I can also relate with the forgetting funny stuff kids say and do because we tend to be so caught up in our day, we forget.

Rachael April 24, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Glad everything is going to work out okay for Alek! I remember how upset you were about that.

If it weren't for blogging, I'd forget half the funny things my kids say too. I WISH I had written this stuff down years ago. SO MUCH I'm sure I forgot.

Signe April 24, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

I always forget to write down the funny stuff, too. But there's just so much and life gets so busy!

SLColman April 24, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

I'm sorry that life has been so crazy busy!! I hope you are able to get the whole softball vs baseball thing fixed! How crazy that the baseball people didn't know about the softball??!! But then again given the town maybe they did but wanted the girls for baseball instead of softball? *rolls eyes*

Enjoy your weekend!

kitzkazventure April 24, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Glad to hear you are doing better....some weeks I feel like I live in a permanent funk. I so agree with you on journaling the funny stuff. We could be riding in the car and I STILL can't remember the exact verbage by the time I get in the house and remember that I should write that funny thing down...what funny thing? ugh! momnesia strikes again!

Tina in CT April 25, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

With all the land out in your state, it amazes me that the yards are so small.

Glad that there is a softball league for girls.

Keep us updated on what transpires with your "favorite" expert.

Pete April 25, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

Hi, I am adopted and so was my brother. After us my Mom and Dad had 3 real ones.

When I was 45, I met my real Bio-Mom. She is nice but, that Mom-son bond is just not there, even though she is my real Mother.

Just wanted to give you my take on adopted things.

Pete

Christina April 28, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

Oh Stink! I forgot to join your round-up!! Totally going to try this Friday...!!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP