Powered by Blogger.

grab your lasso...its time for a round-up

Friday, April 17, 2009

The reason we're roundin' up the doggies today is because I've been pretty lazy this week in postin'.

In true Grab-Your-Lasso style I thought I'd do a round-up this week.
Ya know, complete with a lasso (that you've grabbed), a cowboy hat (which is mandatory here), a pair of boots , (which need to be Nacona - none of that Wally World stuff), a bandana (no flowers please) and a horse...and not just any old nag will do - it needs to be a bonafide steer-ropin', hard-workin', cattle-chasin' lovin', faster-than-blazes mount who isn't afraid to get muddy.
Or dirty.
Or somethin'.
I'll leave the finding of the paraphanalia to you. I'm too lazy...
Hey! Maybe I should get a brand or something for this Friday Round-up thing. Ya know...Like the Lazy T.
Hey again! That's good! I could name this here ranch the Lazy T and come up with a brand. You know, something like this...


Photobucket


"Oooooohhhh," as Maddie would say...'I liiiiiiike it!'
We're set!
The reason we're roundin' up the doggies today is because I've been pretty lazy this week in postin'. Things haven't been particularly post-able. Just you're typical stuff...but in between the typical stuff there were a few little things that while they didn't qualify as a post all on their own, all together make a nice little round-up of the weeks events.
So here you are - The Lazy T Roundup...

1. My latest WMEC nomination -
I really messed up this week.
Really. Bad.
If you have been following along on Twitter at all, you know Alek was supposed to have baseball tryouts for the 'Majors' team last week. That's the more advanced baseball team. But because of all the snow they postponed it to this week. Well, if they postponed it a week, wouldn't YOU assume it would be on the same days?
Well, I did. And I was wrong.
Instead of Wednesday and Thursday - which I THOUGHT! It was Tuesday and Wednesday.
Sigh.
Alek isn't too happy. Can't say I blame him.
'Well, he'll still get to play on the minors team,' the totally uncaring woman told me last night when I called to complain clarify.
'Well, unfortunately that's not a whole lot of consolation to a 10 year old boy whose mom has royally messed up,' I shot back.

Sigh.
The bad news is there's no makeup date. They've already picked the teams.
The good news is that Alek is gracious enough not to blame me.
The bad news is that makes me feel even worse.
I think I've just got a nomination for the WMEC.

2. Love Letters - Maddie is really starting to blossom lately. Her sentences are getting more and more complete. Her personality is really starting to shine through...
And instead of the 'stealing-everyone's-stuff' little stinker of a child we brought home a year ago, I can honestly say this kid will do ANYTHING for you...and it starting to be willing to SHARE everything too.
That's so cool.
I can't tell you how much I love this kid.
This week she started a new game...it's called, 'Write-little-notes-to-everyone-in-the-family-on-cute-bunny-paper-to-tell-everyone-how-much-you-love-them-and-include-tons-of-circles-on-them.'
Great game.
Cute stuff.
Everyone is being a really good sport and playing along. (Well, everyone but Nick...but Nick isn't being much of a good sport about anything right now...that's another post.) and they have to be good sports because she'll bring them between 10 and 15 notes each day.
She is such a nut!

3. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...
It snowed again last night. Actually, its still snowing. And you know what the sick and twisted part?
I'm actually getting used to it.
Last night when it started to snow I didn't even blink.. Instead I made comfort food.
Ham and scalloped potatoes...with lots of cheese.
Mmm...
Its no wonder Juan is a little perterbed with me...
(And yes, that is a picture from this morning!)

4. 'Who's Juan,' you ask. Why he's my Wii Fit trainer, of course. Shad decided he needed a name...otherwise he was just plain creepy...so Juan it is.

And let me tell you...JUAN IS A LIAR!
In the last two weeks I've done a pretty decent job of working out every day...but the Wii body test says I've gained two pounds in the last two weeks...instead of losing the three I was hoping for!
Juan says its because it takes time for all of your hard work to show up.
HE LIES!
And the Wii Fit is evil!
Its making me do all this work...but the work isn't working.
Shad on the other hand has lost weight...and he hasn't even TRIED!
Augh. I hate that thing.

So...what do you think? Anyone else out there wanna join us for this here round-up? I know its a little late notice, bein's its Friday and all...but let's give it a shot.
I'm putting up a Mr. Linky (which I've never done before so wish me luck.) Just grab the logo and off you go. Anyone who wants to join the round-up just sign on the dotted line.
And we'll be by in a bit to say Howdy.
Just as soon as we've got the last of the cattle branded, the vittles ate...the campfire put out. ;>)






10 salty messages:

jessy April 17, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

Nacona?! You've got to be kidding. Real cowboys wear Justin's. Nebraskans!

Tami April 17, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

Aaah~! There ya go...pushing the post comment button before you think! :) We're from Kansas! :) And what do I know about boots?!!! You're lucky I even spelled it right...I had to google it to make sure ;>)
Here's a bit of Sunflower Seed trivia for ya - Did you know Shad and I at one point actually considered naming one of our children Nacona...thankfully we came to our right minds when we realized we couldn't figure out if it was a male or female sounding name! :)

SLColman April 17, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

LOL about naming one of the kids Nacona!!

Yeah we have probably a foot of the white stuff here now... still snowing... and drifts up to my mid-thigh!! Springtime in Wyoming!!

Yeah the Will Fit hates me too. I used it for some yoga today as supposedly that is good for the fibromyalgia and wow did it suck and hurt! LOL

The girl trainer yelled at me for being away so long and for gaining a bunch of weight while I was gone!!

Elaine April 17, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

I'm not joining the roundup this week since I already put an ungodly long post up today (I may have mentioned you in it . . .) but maybe next week if you do it again. I love the Lazy T ranch logo!

jessy April 17, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Yeah, thirty minutes after I hit 'Post Comment' I remembered you are in Wyoming, not Nebraska. Duh. So what are you...Wyomingites?

Signe April 18, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

Ooh, sorry to hear about the snow! I'd be pulling my hair out by now.

I am Harriet April 18, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Great idea.

I just noticed that you were at 99 followers and I thought it would be cool to be number 100!

Thanks

mrsbroccoliguy April 18, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

I love the round up idea. If you do it next week, I'm totally in!
And I can't believe you are still getting snow! Who knew Wyoming was such a snowy place? I thought that was Montana?? But it sounds like Juan is giving you plenty to do indoors ... way to go with all the workouts! (The gaining weight after working out thing happens to me too - talk about negative reinforcement!)

Christine April 20, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

Neat post! THe scalloped potatoes sound really yummy!

Tanya April 20, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

I love the love letters, Maya's into that too right now and everyone of them is for a different person, I get an earfull if I touch one she made for her Daddy.
I joined your carnival, it's a great idea.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP