Powered by Blogger.

the audacity of hope...and wii

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

For some reason I can't get enough ski jumping, marble rolling and tight-rope walking...all cleverly disguised tormenting EXERCISES!

A tormentor has moved into my basement.
As small as a notebook, the little thing comes with a BIG attitude.
Its my new Wii Fit.
I hate that thing.
Well, I hate it...and I love it - its a complicated relationship.
It has a really nasty, know-it-all, holier-than-thou attitude. I mean...it called me 'obese' yesterday. Now, don't me wrong, I know I'm overweight...but comon' OBESE? I thought that term was reserved for people who have to be cut out of their house.
I'm not THAT big. I'm barely in the plus sizes.
And what it did to my mini-mii is unconscionable...oh, the horrors.
I spent 30 minutes making the perfect little version of myself.

It had dark brown hair...just like me.
Hazelly-brown eyes...just like mine.
And was a size 7..just like I imagine myself to be.
Unfortunately, I made the mistake of letting the monster weigh the real me...and after it had the nerve to declare me obese, it ballooned my little mii to the size of Shamu's mother!
I would declare it evil and take it all back, but the thing is...I'm addicted.
One day into our relationship and I am fascinated by the graphics, mesmerized by the music and taken in by the promise of weight lost.
And I don't get addicted...EVER.

Well, except for chocolate.
And Oreos...

And skim milk...
Mmm....
Okay...let's just say I don't get addicted to video games. Over the years I have successfully fended off addictions to Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Mario and Guitar Hero...
But for some reason I can't get enough ski jumping, marble rolling and tight-rope walking...all cleverly disguised tormenting EXERCISES!
I. DON'T. EXERCISE.
I haven't since high school.
Playing all that volleyball, basketball, baseball and track ruined me for life.
Nothing squelches your desire to exercise like running lines until you puke.
Which brings me back to my point.
Why is it, that I'm perfectly willing to play these games to the point of being so stiff and sore I can barely move?
Its sick, I tell you.
So, sick I'm going to give it up.

Take it back.
Use that money to buy something much more useful for this family.
Right after I lose about 50 pounds and conquer the downhill slolam!

17 salty messages:

Sheryl April 7, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

Tami, I have not laughed so hard in a while. I got Wii fit at Christmas. I was so angry when my mii gained quite a few pounds right in front of my eyes. I could not believe it. Especially when he said i was obese. I'm pretty addicted too. It's fun!!!

OldWestMom April 7, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

I want one of these things. I have read so many blogs about the successes, and I'm just dying to have it out with the evil Wii processors.

Although, it could just laugh and me and shut down. It does sound like it could be THAT evil.

I HATED running lines. That should be outlawed as some kind of torture.

Left an award for you on my site. ;-)

http://foreverfamily.today.com

adoptyaroslav April 7, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

Makes me want to go out and buy my own Wii right now. Can't wait to see what elephant it makes me look like!

Natalie
www.adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com

SLColman April 7, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

I loved my Wii Fit which we got for Christmas. I had a blast playing on it - even when it told me I was obese too :( I miss playing on it all the time now. It sucks not being able to do what you want to do!!

texasholly April 7, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

We are a bit addicted here as well. Love the Wii. Love Rock Band. In fact, after the kids went to bed last night my husband and I wasted (I mean spent quality time together) HOURS playing Rock Band.

Old West Mom sent me.

Rachael April 7, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

The wii is a nasty little nag. I get very annoyed when it's gets snarky with me. Just try it: ignore it for a few days, and it'll make your wii get sleepy, and then it'll ask other players what's up with you.

Diana April 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

Haven't bought one yet, but you all are tempting me pretty heavily. Post an update in a few weeks, would you?

Elaine April 8, 2009 at 6:48 AM  

I love the Wii Fit, but I can't get on it without an almost-two-year-old throwing a fit that HE isn't the one on it. So I have to do it when the kids are in bed, which means I never do it. Not that my kids don't go to bed at a reasonable time, just that by then I'm usually pretty to do nothing. Okay, and? I know I've gained about 4 lbs. since we got it, and I don't want it mocking me. And I'm afraid it will make my Wii Mii get fatter. So I keep telling myself I'll get back on it after I lose a few pounds. That's not mental or anything. Anyway, it is fun, isn't it? And my kids love it! So that's been a good thing over this looooong winter.

Annie April 8, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

That really sounds like a lot of fun, but I KNOW that a little cartoon version of myself looking FAT (obese?...oh, I hope not!) would NOT be motivating; quite the reverse. Can you play it without that? Just curious.

Lorraine April 8, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

I like the boxing, I guess I need to get my wii fit back out. I have not been on it in weeks. It was addictive the first few weeks, but then I got out of the habit.

Dorothy April 8, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

This post is a riot I won't and I repeat I won't let it weigh me I was on my sisters and said no way....

I already know I need to loose and I also know my personality and it probably won't happen..

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Ken @ Dad to Two April 8, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Too Funny! I know what you mean. Once you get going on something it is hard to stop. Sometimes my wife will get the high score on something like ski jumping or slolam and I just can't stop playing until I beat that top score. I have issues... But if issues lead to exercising and staying healthy, at least physically, can it be all that bad?

PIPO April 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

Lawdy - I think I need one of those but I have been resisting. I ought to just stop it though before I make Shamu look svelte!

MamaPoRuski April 8, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

I love my Wii fit! It was great to step on the board after 8 weeks in Ukraine and see I lost 7 pounds! Of course, four of them have come back. SIGH! I'm just about out of my Ukrainian chocolate so that should help-until Easter! LOL!

Mountain Woman April 9, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

I've been reading about those things all over and I almost wanted one until I read your post today. I think I'll just head back over for my cookies and milk :-)

Great read! Thank you.

Kim April 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

Being called obese isn't too bad once you realize there are different levels of obese. (i learned this working in a dr's office) It could have called you markedly obese. Or it could have called you the most evil of all... morbidly obese! So, see there? Obese doesn't sound so bad anymore does it?

I really need to get one of those things. We were going to last year but the guys decided xbox 360 would be better. They were wrong!

Kellie April 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

The Wii is AWESOME! Your blog is too cute! Seriously, I love the design! It's so bright and cheerful! It puts a smile on my face! :o)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP