Powered by Blogger.

wordless wednesday

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Can I really call it Wordless Wednesday, if I'm never really wordless?!
I try, really I do, but today's picture is just too precious to not to say SOMETHING.
I came upstairs to find this scene the other day...Alek reading to Maddie.
And the great thing is, I see this all the time.
These two really have a special relationship. Not that all four of my kids don't get along great...they do. But these two ADORE each other.
From the moment Maddie stepped off that plane Alek has done everything he can to take care of Maddie.
And the feeling is definitely mutual.
He ties her shoes every morning...
She drags carries his backpack in the house after a long day at school (if there aren't any books in it!)
He scoots her up to the table at dinner...
She puts his dishes in the sink.
He gives her a ride on his bike...
She plays ball with him.
Shhh...don't tell anyone, but I've even seen him play Barbie's with her - of course, he was Ken. ;>)
The only thing Maddie does that seems to drive Alek nuts is Maddie still calls him 'Wally'. Over a year after bringing her home, and almost a year since she got her hearing aids, he's still Wally...and I have a feeling he always will be.
That's just fine with me. And I think underneath it all its fine with Alek too...he just doesn't want her doing it in front of his friends.
It hurts his 'cool factor'.
So we're teaching her to pronounce his name...which she CAN do...she just prefers Wally. And I imagine she always will.
I hope I'm still around to hear her call him Wally when they're in their 30s! :)

15 salty messages:

Tina in CT April 1, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

Really sweet and loving. I don't blame him for not wanting his friends to hear her call him Wally.

Courtney April 1, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

I think that's funny, because I think you'll still be calling HER Maddie when she's 30! LOL

Tami April 1, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

What's really funny is I call her Maddie in real life all the time! Usually, its just when I am referring to her to other people, but STILL! I named the child, you would think I could remember it! :)

jessy April 1, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

So sweet! It is neat to see the special relationships that develop between siblings. K and Abby are more than brother and sister--they are best friends. Always have been and--I hope--always will

SLColman April 1, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

That is precious! I love it that they are so close and have such a special relationship :) Awesome!

mrsbroccoliguy April 1, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

SO SO sweet. What a blessing, for them and for you!

PIPO April 1, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

I DO believe 'Wally' just may stick ;0)

Sweet Serendipity April 1, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

That is so sweet! I love it. Happy WW!
BTW, if you have trouble going wordless you should check out Angie's Wordful Wednesday at http://angiescircus.blogspot.com/

Annie April 2, 2009 at 2:36 AM  

That really touches my heart. I am not quite sure why mothers feel so gratified when their children love one another.... I respected my brother, but we were certainly NOT soul mates! We had a mutual love and respect for our parents, though, and for family tradition, etc. But we had so little in common - well, except a lot of values. Because of that I didn't grow up thinking siblings had to be really close....but how nice it is if it happens!

Elaine April 2, 2009 at 6:13 AM  

If she's calling Alek Wally, does she call Nick Beaver? I think you should teach her that. Then Alek could say, "Well, at least I get to be Wally, not the Beave."
That is so sweet that they have such a special relationship. And I think older kids reading to the younger ones is just one of the most wonderful things to see.

DoveFamily April 2, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

What an awesome picture!

ChristiS April 2, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

How sweet!! My nephew called me Aunt Diti long past when he was able to pronounce Christi...and still does every once in a while, at 18! Too, too sweet!

jenn April 2, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Aw, this is the sweetest post I have read today.

DhoyM April 2, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

So sweet! By the way I like your blog and loves reading your posts. TC :)

OldWestMom April 2, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

How cute is that?!?!

This is why I always longed for a big brother when I was growing up. I imagined he would do exactly all these things and be my protector. They're really lucky to have this bond.

http://foreverfamily.today.com

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP