Powered by Blogger.

yet another storm...but cute video!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm starting to feel like I'm living in Narnia. Its always winter. Always snowing. Only I have no hope of some big lion coming, blowing on anything and making it magically spring.

I know you all are probably getting tired of my Grab-Your-Lasso weather reports...to be honest so am I.
I'm not usually this obsessed with the weather, honest. Well, except during tornado season, but we're in Wyoming now, I doubt it will be the same.
Sigh.
But right now the weather is all I've got going on. And besides...we had another snow storm today. And since the rest of you are more than likely starting to experience spring. I'm thinking its only fair that you share in my misery. ;>)
I'm starting to feel like I'm living in Narnia. Its always winter. Always snowing. Only I have no hope of some big lion coming, blowing on anything and making it magically spring.
Technically I think today's storm was yet another blizzard. The fourth one in two weeks. And surprise, surprise...this one actually turned out to BE something.
It started snowing 24 hours ago and hasn't stopped.
So we have snow.
Lots of snow.
The wind in town isn't so bad, but out of town we hear its a bit nuts. I-80 is closed...AGAIN. So we're sticking pretty close to home. So much for our plans to go to the mountains.
I have knee high drifts in the front yard...bigger ones in the back. And since its still snowing and we don't have a snow blower to make all this easier once it stops, we decided today was the perfect day for the three big kids to learn how to shovel snow. Well, Alek already knew...but the middle littles hadn't technically been given this chore yet.
They cleaned the sidewalks and did a pretty good job of clearing the driveway - course its still snowing so it won't last long.
Anya, as usual, was my hard worker...the boys, not so much. They spent more time building a fort on the other side of the driveway.
And when they were done, they each got a HUGE cup of hot chocolate as a thanks for all their hard work.
Somehow they thought that was fair.

And Anya got some extra marshmallows in her cup! :)

video


9 salty messages:

Elaine April 4, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

OH, I'm so sorry you are still getting snow. We are actually supposed to get some the next two days, but I don't think it's supposed to be anything like that, and I don't think it will stick. Good grief, I hope it won't, anyway.

Bethany April 4, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

My invite to SoCal is still open! 80, sunny, even sunburned a touch at baseball today! Glad those middle ones are learning to shovel. It is a skill that will be used quite a bit, I think.

Tina in CT April 5, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

It's sunny and a beautiful here. I feel for you with still having snowstorms in April and lots of snow.

You are lucky that your driveway is short as it's less to shovel. Anya was doing a great job on the sidewalk.

With all the land in your state, I expected you to hardly be able to see your neighbors and thought you were living in a rural setting. Being in a neighborhood makes it nice for the kids with other kids.

Michelle April 5, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

I think we're get what's left of your storm hear in Michigan. 10 inches plus is expected late tonight into tomorrow. I'm starting to wonder if spring will ever get here. Thanks for the weather report. LOL!

Erin,  April 5, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

I have to say that I enjoy your weather updates. I just moved to Maine this last winter, and I'm having a hard time adjusting to it...but we don't have nearly that much snow, so I keep reminding myself that it could be worse. :)

SLColman April 5, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

We have thigh high drifts in places out here. The back steps where we let the dogs in and out is totally drifted over to the landing! It has been snowing off and on here still today but it does look like the sun is trying to come out and that blue skies could be coming!! Oh how I hope that those are blue skies I might be seeing on the horizon!

Annie April 6, 2009 at 5:25 AM  

Is it second-time-around motherhood, just my personality, or trickle-down from my mom's common-sense approach? I figure if they're cold they'll put their coats on.

Or, maybe it stems from my taking Aidan out for a walk as a baby, getting him home, and undoing his wraps, only to discover I'd practically killed him from overheat! He was red and sweaty like he'd been in a sauna, where as I was still COLD! Anyway, Ilya actually shoveled snow this year in SHORTS. Worse yet, one day I asked him to clear the snow off the car and when he came in, I realized that he'd been out there for ten or fifteen minutes in not only shorts and a t-shirt, but STOCKING FEET!

Well, not a sniffle to show for it....

Tina in CT April 6, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

After living in states where spring comes when it's suppose to, I imagine this is a big adjustment for you and the family. I love winter but come March, I'm ready for the hope of spring.

Sure hope you get more than a few weeks of spring before summer arrives in Grab-Your-Lasso.

Waitingonmyua2 April 6, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Tami - You sound waaayyyyy too much like me! ROFL!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP