Powered by Blogger.

big brother helps out

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Shad, the kids and I have had a wild last two days. We've taken a break from packing to try to cram in all kinds of things we soon won't be able to do.
One of those things was a whirlwind trip to Colorado Springs for a trip through the Cave of the Winds. Its a place Shad and I have fond memories of from our childhood (we haven't been there since we were married), so we wanted to share it with the kids before we move.
I'll share the pictures with you tomorrow, but while on the trip, we had another memorable moment.
Maddie has had a loose tooth for quite some time, but she wouldn't let anyone near it. That was until we were in the van on our way back from COTW. She finally let Alek mess with it...and this was the result.
What's funny is that even with four kids, I have NEVER pulled a single one of their teeth! :) Not that I have a problem with blood...it just feels a little weird to actually pull it. I guess I'm a little squeemish that way.
Enjoy. The look on Alek's face is priceless! :)

Squeemish alert - If you don't like pulling teeth, you may want to skip this video...although you'll be missing out. ;) There's no blood...no crying...and you can't really see him pull it, but I do show a shot of the tooth at the end. ;)


video

19 salty messages:

Tina in CT May 18, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

Guess the Tooth Fairy visited your house last night. Nice that she trusts her big brother to pull it out.

Maybe he'll become a dentist.

Bethany May 18, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Love it! Very cute, you can tell those two really love each other. And, we went to Cave of the Winds just a couple of years ago! We had a good time, but a little girl in the group got all upset at the beginning, and I thought she was going to set Levi off, too. But she didn't. Whew. It would be really terrible for someone whose undergraduate research was in caves to have a kid be all scared of them!

AdoptaMama May 18, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

Awesome -- how cool that you got that on video. :) I love the look on her face in the first part. The look she gives you is priceless!

AdoptaMama May 18, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

Awesome -- cool that you got that on video! I love the look she gives you in the first part. The look on her face is priceless!

Elaine May 18, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

Priceless! I've never pulled any of my kids' teeth, either. They won't let us. That is just too cute that she let her brother do it, AND that you got it on video!

Pinay Freelancer May 18, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

That made me remember how I looked for some thread to tie to the window to pull my tooth :)

Honestly, your little boy has that dentist potential hehe :)

Have a great day!

mrsbroccoliguy May 18, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

I'm so impressed you had your video camera running at the right moment! That was a really funny and sweet sibling moment.

Rachael May 18, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

Very cute. I hope the tooth fairy knows where to find her with you guys on the move!

Julie McClelland May 19, 2009 at 1:56 AM  

I couldn't imagine any of my sons allowing any of their brothers to indulge in tooth pulling. We did have an instance whereby dad pulled a tooth with pliers on our second son - a never to be repeated experience I can tell you - even the $2 from the tooth fairy didn't compensate for the agony inflicted!

Old DAN AND Little ANN May 19, 2009 at 3:06 AM  

That is so cute that big brother did it and that you got it on camera. She is so cute with him.

Melissa May 19, 2009 at 5:16 AM  

I had to pull one of my sons out. It was just hanging there, and no matter what he ate it would not come out. I was afraid I was going to pass out, but it really was not bad.

jessy May 19, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

Her nervous laugh at the beginning is too much! I don't pull teeth either. That falls strictly in the Daddy Department.
Pretty sure we won't be taking in that attraction on our next Colorado vacation. I'm claustrophobic.

Mike & Tara May 19, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

I'm really squeamish about loose teeth - thankfully Nicholas will pull his own out. I'm hoping he'll be a good big brother like Alek and help out with Emma's teeth when she's old enough. Good job Alek!

Signe May 19, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

That's a great clip. It's what big brothers are there for :)

Anonymous,  May 19, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

What a great video! That's a keeper for sure, they will have fun watching that for ages, and those grandkids you were thinking about the other day will love it too. I hope all of your plans are going well. Christie

Anonymous,  May 19, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

So stinkin' cute!
Tami

SLColman May 20, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

So sweet that big brother was able to help!

MoscowMom May 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

What a great video... kudos that you thought to be filming then! That must have been SUCH a long ride... So what does Maddie think of the tooth fairy? You reminded me that I never blogged about how right before all our company arrived, Natalia lost a tooth at Gorky Park! It was opening weekend :-)

Praying that your packing is going well. I find it so stressful... At least you're moving back to your own home, which will help the kids to feel at ease... I haven't commented in a long time, but you've really been in my thoughts at this time. I really hope the services for Maddie will work out in Kansas!!!!

Jenny @ Another Jennifer Speaks May 22, 2009 at 12:46 AM  

Hi. Was just surfing around some other blogs and I came across yours. I really like it. It's designed nicely too. I think I'll bookmark you for daily reading.

If you're interested, I have a bloggy directory for mommies. You can find the linky on my bloggy, I won't spam you with it. LOL

So yea, till I return!!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP