Powered by Blogger.

it is 6 o'clock yet?

Friday, May 22, 2009

Lucky for my kids, I have plans tonight. Plans that don't include spending the night in jail for violating child labor laws.

R eally.
I need it to be six o'clock.
That's when Shad gets home and I get a few hours to myself.
And today...I NEED it.
Guess what my two angelic middle children just did?
They vacuumed my brand new K-State jacket. The one Shad picked up for me the last time he was in the Sunflower State. The one that I wear ALOT, especially to Alek's baseball games, not because its something straight off a Paris runway.
I'm too practical for that.
I wear it because its warm.
Yea. Except I have a feeling it won't be so warm anymore, because THERE'S A HOLE WHERE THE SLEEVE USED TO BE!
Its times like these when I start to fanticize about selling my children off to the highest bidder.
Okay, not really. But I could hire them out as slave labor.
Oh, wait! I just tried that and I got a HOLE IN MY JACKET!
Sigh.
Lucky for my kids, I have plans tonight. Plans that don't include spending the night in jail for violating child labor laws.
I'm going to a Beth Moore event.

I'll pause, so you all can reign in your jealousy. ;>)
I am seriously stoked to spend the next two days with a bunch of women...with no children in sight.
Aaaaaaaaah!
I won the tickets. No really, I did. I entered a contest on KLOVE...and I WON!
I know! What are the chances? I never win ANYTHING!
I have been dying to see
Beth Moore since I found out last August she was coming to Grab-Your-Lasso, but I couldn't justify forking over the $60 per ticket. Not when we're getting ready to move. So I entered the contest instead, knowing perfectly well I would NEVER win.
Whoops. Hee-hee! I won.
The tickets showed up unexpectedly on my doorstep yesterday afternoon. So I made a quick call to my sister-in-law, Valerie, and she is now on her way to Grab-Your-Lasso to come spend a couple of days with us and to go with me.
GIRLS NIGHT! WOOHOOOOO!!!!
Too bad we couldn't make it a road trip.
Oh, well. Beggars can't be choosers. I'll take it. A few blessed hours with other women, laughing, learning and worshipping our heavenly Father.<
No children in sight.
After the day I've had it sounds like Heaven to me. ;)
So in preparation for my two days of blissful worship, I've decided to spare my children's lives, not to sell them off to a traveling circus or make them work for their keep.
I'll let their dad do it.

11 salty messages:

Diana May 22, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

Tee-hee-hee. I flat out told my oldest son that he IS for sale today...except no one has enough money to buy him because he's worth more than even a bazillionaire could come up with...but he's still for sale. Of course, I clarified that really means "Mom's had it and she needs a break!"

Sorry about your jacket...

Katie May 22, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Isn't it just wonderful when kids decide to be "helpful"? I struggle so much with the concept of having them do things since I know I can ultimately do it faster (and with less casualties).

That's awesome that you won tickets! Enjoy your escape!

Shauna May 22, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

Hope you have a super weekend!
♥ HUGS ♥

jessy May 22, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

Have a great, grown-up, time!

Melissa May 23, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

Kids are great aren't they? I would be mad too, and they would probably have to pay restitution.

Tina in CT May 23, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Why would they think of vacuming your K-State jacket????? Why did it tear the sleeve out? Your vacum has a lot more suction power than my old Electrolux!

Yes, you need mom away from kid time.

Annie May 23, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

I was also thinking that either your jacket is pretty delicate or your vacuum is darned powerful. We once had a fellow come to the door wanting to demonstrate some vacuum he was selling that was so strong, if you held it up to a sofa cushion it made it instantly into a tiny ball. I didn't even enjoy having him do that to the cushion, but when he then turned to my antique lamp with the original antique silk shade - well, any other human being in the US would have had a new shade out of it, at least! Hopefully it was a learning experience for him (and another such a one for your kids, I bet!)

Elaine May 24, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

This is the first time in days that I've been able to comment on your blog! I kept getting some kind of error message, and then my computer would shut your blog down (which I suppose is better than the time that it kept opening your blog, over and over and over, like a hunderd times, before I just had to shut the whole system down). Anyway, congratulations on winning! And? A bigger congrats on getting a girls night!!!! Woo hoo!

Missy May 24, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

I hope you had a wonderful time!!

Tricia W May 25, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

OOOHHH!!! I bet you loved it! I had the pleasure of attending her broadcasted conference last August with my sister...which was my first Beth Moore experience. (except for her teachings on Life Today)
I was challenged to dig deeper into scripture...to sit with it and let it become a part of my thoughts and actions.

Tina in CT May 25, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

I have had the same problem with your blog as Elaine did. It happened to me 4 or 5 times with it's constantly opening new ones over and over. When it's at work, I panic.

Any chance that you can go back to your former employer when you move back?

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP