Powered by Blogger.

journey to the center of the earth

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I promised you some pictures from our trip to the Cave of the Winds, so here they are.
There are a lot of pictures of the kids in here...mainly because we had to wait for 45 minutes for our tour to start...I needed some way to pass the time.
I don't have anything really profound to say about our field trip. What can I say? It was a three and a half hour drive each way so we could take a mile long hike underground.
The kids thought it was fun...so that's what matters.
And I guess we've created some good memories for them - and that's what REALLY matters.
Hmmm...let me try to come up with something else.
Ummm...It was dark in there.
There ya go.
Enjoy!


5 salty messages:

MoonDog May 20, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

how did your kids adjust when they came home? I am wanting to prepare myself for when my two come home. They are older than my son was when he came home from Russia. not sure what to expect. I know there will be tough moments but worry about attachment. any sage words of advice?

Bethany May 20, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

Looks like you had a good time! We went there a couple of years ago, and I went when I was about 15. That first time, I was lying on my belly to look over the edge. It's high! Did you go to Garden of the Gods at all? It is a great way to burn some been-in-the-car-WAAAAY-too-long energy! p.s. I replied to your comment on my blog. wanted to make sure you saw it.

jessy May 20, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

Just lookng at those pictures made me start to hyperventalate, especially the one of Maddie squeezing through that teeny, tiny passage. He, he, whoooo. He, he whoooo.
Glad YOU GUYS had fun. ;0)

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Tetyana May 22, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

Did you ever take the tour in the cave in Kyiv?? Ok, that place freaked me out...all of the people with serious space issues were all carrying candles!! You could smell the hair burning!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP