Powered by Blogger.

let the countdown begin

Monday, May 25, 2009

I LOVED Beth Moore. Would you mind if I just become her roadie and follow her from city to city? No. Seriously.

W arning: The following is completely off the wall. I suppose you could call it a stream of consciousness kind of thing, except I'm barely conscious, so I'm not sure how much streaming is going on here.
Anyway...its random.
Forgive me.
I'm blaming my messy house. I need a relatively clean, uncluttered house in order to function properly. And my house is a mess. Shocker I know.
What makes it worse is the kids are going crazy.
The dog has escaped twice.
And the hubby is packing anything that isn't moving.
That's means its moving time in Grab-Your-Lasso.
In six short days we will no longer be living in the great state of Wyoming. We'll (hopefully) be on our way back to the Sunflower State to the Emerald City.
I can't wait. Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?
Yea. I'm not proud of it.
Its not that I don't want to live in the Emerald City...I just don't want to MOVE there. Its the process, not the result, that I'm not looking forward to.
I can't stand moving. Hate it. Despise it. Abhor it. Loath, dislike intensly and detest it!
Augh.
I wish there was a moving genie I could call who could snap her fingers and it could all be done...Alas, (how often do you see THAT word in a blog these days) its not to be. We're going to have to do it ourselves.
*sigh*
You've probably already realized, chances are this week and next that my posts are going to be rather few and far between (as if they haven't been already). I'll be losing internet sometime this week here in Grab-Your-Lasso. Remember when we fist moved here and I didn't have it for like three weeks and I had to sit on my livingroom window sill, stick out my tongue and hold my computer just so?
Yep. That's where I'll be again.
We're set to pull out of Grab-Your-Lasso on Sunday morning. I'm not convinced we'll make it. Shad's already complaining saying we won't have enough room in our 26 foot U-H@ul...so we're tossing stuff left and right.
I've already gone through the kids closets and pulled two trash bags full of clothes out to give to my nieces and nephews. I'd like to do the same with toys. We'll see if I get it done.
This moving stuff has limited the amount of time we've been able to spend in the great outdoors. That's one of the things I've LOVED about Wyoming...all of the great outdoor stuff it offers.
But we've done the last of our sightseeing...we didn't even leave the house today (except to make a Wally World run for laundry detergent.)
The thing I'm most upset about leaving in Wyoming is the weather. Yes, I complained about how long winter lasted, but do you realize that its starting to get absolutely beautiful RIGHT. NOW.
I've been foolishly keeping an eye on the Weather Channel and watching my friends from the Emerald City comment about the temps there. 85 with high humidity there today...60 with no humidity here.
I'm still wearing jeans and sweatshirts here people...and I'm LOVIN' it!
We should have stuck out the summer here and waited until right before school to move. I'm thinking after putting up with the never ending winter up here, we deserve the absolutely beautiful summer as a reward.
The good thing is that we have absolutely beautiful weather for Aleks' baseball games. He's down to only two games before we move. He's pretty disappointed that he won't be playing with his friends in the Emerald City. I'm disappointed for him. I keep having flashbacks to my own childhood when my family moved from Illinois to Colorado during the summer of my fifth grade year.
I had just been drafted by the best softball team in the city after waiting THREE aganizingly long years for my chance to play with the big girls.
Then we moved.
I think that's where Alek is.
He's finally getting a chance to really shine in baseball...and we're moving.
Sigh.
Anya and Nick, however, are on the opposite side of the spectrum. They along with Maddie will be starting their season the week we get to the Emerald City.
Anya has a game the day after we pull into town. To say she is excited is an understatement. She's stoked! She found her glove this afternoon (which has been lost since our move last August) and drug Nick outside to play catch!
I'm excited for them both.
Speaking of exciting...Karl Rove is following me.
No, really, he is! :)
On Friday I signed up to follow him on Twitter, and I just got an email this morning saying he was returning the favor.
Cool huh? Karl Rove is interested in little old me! :)
Although I have wonder what it is about my tweets that he loves?
Is it my snarky little tweets about the nuts at Wally World?
Or how about the play-by-play I give on Alek's baseball games?
Personally I think he's absolutely blown away by my running commentary on the moving process. Maybe he'll be so moved he'll stop by and help us unload the U-H@aul! What do you think?
I'm also considering occasionally sneaking in a dazzling political tweet, just to get my two political cents in to someone who matters.
Now if I could just get Glenn Beck to return my emails, I'd be all set. ;>)
Speaking of not making sense...we're experiencing a bit of moving jinx around here.
Remember when we moved to Grab-Your-Lasso last August and I had to take Nick to the emergency room when he dislocated his elbow the very first day?
Yea.
We've had two near misses just today!
This morning Alek was in the back yard, cleaning up the yard, when he went to come back inside. He tried opening the door to the garage and it got stuck. So he pushed a little harder...it wouldn't budge. So he pushed even harder...except he put his hand on the GLASS. WINDOW.
His hand went straight through.
He came upstairs crying, holding his hand, blood covering his face, hand and arm.
I almost fainted.
No, really. I did.
I've never had one of my kids get that bloody...and it was almost more than my mommy heart could stand.
I grabbed him, pulled him into the bathroom and screamed for Shad to get in there.
He took one look at Alek and his face went white. My doctor husband had the same reaction I did.
We rinsed off his hand and thankfully found out that Alek is just a prolific bleeder. He has a 4 inch long scrape running from his palm down the outside of his arm...but its just a scrape. Not even remotely close to needing stitches.
I have sent up prayers of thanksgiving all day that the cut didn't run down through the middle of his wrist.
Scary stuff.
Then...as if that wasn't enough drama...
While Maddie and I were at Walmart running an errand, Shad called.
Nick had been eating an apple as I left on my errand. He had complained that he couldn't eat it very well, because he has a bunch of loose teeth (seriously, like four. My child is going to look like a character off of the Beverly Hillbillies when they all finally fall out of his head)
After I left, he decided he needed the apple cut up so he could eat it better.
Without talking to his dad, he grabbed a knife out of the drawer and started chopping up the apple.
Yep. He cut his finger.
Shad said he bled like a stuck pig.
What is it with my boys?!
Again...thankfully, no stitches necessary...but I've decided I need to wrap my boys in bubble wrap for the duration of the moving process.
I'm so glad the boys decided to wait until today to chop off their extremities...because I'm not sure I could have left the Beth Moore concert to go to the E.R. (KIDDING PEOPLE!)
I LOVED Beth Moore.
Would you mind if I just become her roadie and follow her from city to city?
No. Seriously.
That woman is amazing. Actually, I know its not the woman...its the message. Except her delivery kept me absolutely transfixed.
She's goooooood.
The message was meant especially for me, I'm absolutely convinced of it.
God sent her to Grab-Your-Lasso, just to speak to me. The whole thing...just for me. ;)
Everybody else was just along for the ride. ;)
Her message was out of Psalm 66...being willing to be trained by God...and FOCUSING on our part of the 'race'.
Good stuff, I'm tellin' ya.
If I had more time, I'd type it all up and share. But I don't.
So...you'll just have to got to a Beth Moore event yourself.
You won't regret it.
And then there was the great girl time. Valerie and I had an awesome time just visiting. After the Friday night event, we escaped for awhile to Applebee's where we had a sinfully wonderful dessert...some brownie, ice cream and fudge thing that was absolutely divine. We sat in our booth for two hours, nursing our sodas and chatting.
Good stuff.
What's not been so good is evidently my blog page.
Sorry about that!
A few of you have let me know you're having trouble with my page loading...and reloading...and reloading.
I've decided to go back to a simpler design and see if that helps things out.
Let me know what you think. I'll be paring back quite a bit.
Okay...I think that's all. If I come up with anything else I'll let you know.

5 salty messages:

Annie May 26, 2009 at 3:11 AM  

I was enjoying your former design (almost said "old" but that didn't sound right)....but this one is nice, too.

You are clearly getting in a good long post to tide us over....

My grandfather always said "Three moves is as good as a fire." I guess he tossed things out like Shad. You won't have anything left soon. Wasn't he tossing a week or two ago already?

My husband has horrible memories of being moved at critical times in his life. I guess I was fortunate not to have that happen to me....but everyone lives through these things. In my husband's case he realizes it was clearly for the best (even for his sports career). And, if nothing else, in your case it prepared you to really understand what your son is experiencing. I can tell you hurt for him. I'll pray it works well. Actually, when I think "baseball" - I'd be more apt to think "Kansas!" not "Wyoming" (sorry...that's Rodeo).

Katie May 26, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

Oh, I can relate to the moving stress--I hate moving. I lucked out the last time we had to do it--I was pregnant and exhausted (story of my life) so Sean took most of it on himself. Good luck with getting all done!

Aren't boys just great for inducing heart attacks? I'm so glad they're ok.

Troy and Rachel May 26, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

I agree with wrapping your boys in bubble wrap. I would have died if I'd seen that much blood. You're holding up well - hang in there - praying for a smooth rest of the week for you.

Bethany May 26, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Your May is starting to sound like our April! Good luck surviving it, cause I know you'll need it. Maybe Alek can be an assistant coach for all his siblings' teams this summer. Teaching is the number one way to learn something, so he will be sure to retain his skills!

Laura May 26, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

Your poor boys, when it rains it pours. I think I would pack them up in bubble wrap too. Just in case.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP