Powered by Blogger.

play ball!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Alek rocked it!
While he didn't end up pitching tonight, he did have a triple, a single, three RBIs, an unassisted double play and a couple more awesome plays. And that included playing second base for the first time in his career.
What I'm most proud of though, is that unlike his mom, who is gushing all over the place, Alek remained truly humble. The kids kept telling him how great he did, and patting him on the back...and Alek just smiled...not saying a word.
Have I mentioned lately that my kid is awesome? If so, I don't say it often enough.
All in all a pretty good night.



5 salty messages:

nipsy May 13, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

That is awesome.. You must be a truly good parent to have taught your son modesty and the art of being humble. As long as he keeps these wonderful morals, he will grow up to be a wonderful man.

Although, I have to admit, I'd be the mom gushing as well :)

Bethany May 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Nice job! Although, if you really want to sound like you totally know what you're talking about, it's an unassisted double play. That's how the announcers say it. I know because baseball is on nearly 24/7 at our house! Go, Alek, go!

Tami May 13, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

I KNEW I had it wrong! As I was writing it at 11 p.m. last night I was so tired, I couldn't think of it. Single-handed double-play was the best I could come up with. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll go correct it. Geez...you'd think after playing the sport all during my school years I'd be able to remember something like that! :)

SLColman May 14, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

WTG Alek!!! Awesome game and wonderful attitude too :)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP