Powered by Blogger.

absolutely lubly

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I heard the five most beautiful words ever uttered...

I have been waiting a long time for this moment...a very long time.
I had just tucked Maddie into bed...prayed with her...and kissed her little cheek, when I absently told her 'I love you...Good Night.'

Just like every other night.
I expected the usual...'Night, night, Mommy.'
Instead, I heard the five most beautiful words ever uttered...
'I lub you too, Mama.'
Someone hand me a Kleenex.

19 salty messages:

Jeri June 24, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

That is beautiful to read. When they finally begin to trust that this is not just a dream but a family forever. Congratulations, jeri

Tina in CT June 24, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

I've got goosebumps from reading this. The words every mom wants to hear. So happy for you.

Nancy Jones June 24, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

Wonderful! The best words ever spoken...

Annie June 25, 2009 at 1:32 AM  

Well....I get teary for you. What a darling.

Elaine June 25, 2009 at 5:52 AM  

*sniffle* Those are the five most beautiful words ever.

Melissa June 25, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

How sweet, kids are great. Then the next day they tear your heart out, and you still need a kleenex Lol. Enjoy the moments while you can.

MoonDog June 25, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

so precious. when Ethan came home I always told him I loved him and gooodnight and he would just say ok goodnight. I remember too that feeling when he first "loved me" back. now he tells me all the time he loves me, not just bedtime. revel in the moment mama, you deserve it.

Tina in CT June 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

Lands End, Gymboree and Hanna Andersson for age appropriate bathing suits. In fact, all their clothes are age appropriate and so cute. Only shop their sales though as they can be pricey.

Bethany June 25, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

They really are the five most beautiful words. I try to remember to notice every time Levi says them, which is kind of a lot. But, I never want to take them for granted, because as freely as he gives them now, they may just as easily dry up with age. Hooray for you and Maddie.

Old DAN AND Little ANN June 27, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Time, love, and tenderness ... and the human spirit opens. So happy for you to be reaping the fruits of your persistent love!

Troy and Rachel June 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

I need a kleenex too now!! That's wonderful and so thrilled for you!!

Tammy June 29, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

Sooo happy for you! I love it!

Lynne June 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

That is so sweet! Now I need a kleenex too!

Janell June 30, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

awwww....how precious. I cant wait to hear those words myself but i still have a while he is only 9 months and I can get him to say mama if im lucky its mostly dada lol.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP