Powered by Blogger.

my little ball girl

Thursday, June 11, 2009

That's it! Maddie is addicted!
She LOVES baseball!
We just got back from her second t-ball game, and I have to say I think she liked it more the second time around.
Tonight she had at least a little clue as to what she was supposed to do...and by the end of the second inning was lecturing her teammates as to what THEY were supposed to do...in that bossy way only Maddie can do. What's funny is her teammates were listening to her, despite the fact I'm pretty sure they couldn't understand her! :)
Anyway...as promised, here are some pics of my Madster in action. A couple of pics from last week...and several from this.
Enjoy!




17 salty messages:

Tina in CT June 11, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

Precious! My favorites are the one of her squatted down in a deep knee bend and the on base with a quizzical expression. Just think how much fun it would to scrapbook Maddie's first T ball season.

Tami June 11, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

Those are my favorites too! :) I'm planning to scrapbook it...I just have to find my stuff...and get through the last 10 years worth of pictures for the three bigger kids! :)

Annie June 12, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

I'm glad she likes it! I get the feeling its your "family sport". I love baseball, but got Sergei into it too early, I'm afraid. I'd never stopped to consider how complicated the rules are and my Russian wasn't up to explaining the fine points. He wanted to stick with soccer, he understood that already. And Zhen fell in love with basketball. Maxim played baseball for a season but realized it is not his best sport....so far no baseball.

Tina in CT June 12, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

I am very behind too but I only started 5 years ago and started with 1969 when I met Tamara's father.

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Sage June 12, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

I love her ponytail! I don't think I have ever seen her with one. We love baseball too and have way too many pictures to scrap!

Courtney June 12, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

What a cutie! Does the helmet affect her BAHA at all? I've never worked with kiddos with BAHAs so I'm not very familiar with them (other than how they work). :)

AdoptaMama June 12, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Great pictures! She so totally 'looks' like she knows what she's doing. We love baseball here, too. So much fun!!

Tami June 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

Courtney, I'm not sure. I imagine it does...but there's not much of an alternative. (We leave the hearing aid on...that was one of her coach's concerns...that the helmet would damage the hearing aid.) I've noticed she seems to have a hard time hearing her coaches...which, if she continues to play, we may have to teach her coaches some minor sign language so they can help her on base. (brings a whole new meaning to baseball signs, doesn't it?! ;)

Bethany June 12, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

I was on a softball team at work a few years ago, and one game they played a deaf team, but they didn't know that, and were totally confused as to why these adults were so into baseball signs. And then someone figured it out. The other team was also silent. :) But, I LOVE her enthusiasm! Hooray for baseball!!! And, instead of scrapbooking, we made a composite video with still shots and the videos we took and sent it to our family, since they don't get to see him play. The videos are better than the still shots, especially when they're so little and confused!

Susan & Truman June 15, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Tami - are you on Facebook at all? I see you have a Twitter note on your page.
Susan

Tami June 15, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

Yes, I'm on facebook. Email me your info and I'll add you! ;)
I've GOT to get back into the swing of posting. I'm going to work on trying to get that going today. Maybe a post a day challenge will help get me going! :)

mrsbroccoliguy June 15, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Oh my gosh she looks like a total natural! And I love the pony tail - she is just looking like such a grown up girl these days!

Laura June 15, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

She is so cute. My daughter won't have anything to do with any sports so I pretty much missed out on that.

Elaine June 16, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Yay! your blog is letting me read it today! Don't know what's up with that, but yesterday it didn't even finish loading before it gave me the boot. Anyway, cute, cute pictures. She looks like she's having a ball. Ha ha! Didn't even mean to throw out that pun. I love the pic where she is sqatting. How does she do that????

Troy and Rachel June 17, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

She's adorable and she looks like she's really contrating in some of those pictures!!

kitzkazventure June 20, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

Those T-ball pictures are the cutest thing ever! She looks absolutely meant for the game and quite the game face! I just loved looking at them and thinking how far she had come since I started reading your blog. Priceless pictures! :)

Cassey June 23, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

I did that for my daugther as well, but that was soccer. She loves ball games very much.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP