Powered by Blogger.

beware of the man without cell service

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Did you hear that? That is the sound of you know what freezing over!

I promise to get back to regular blogging at some point. Honest. I just haven't been feeling that bloggy lately, but I'm sure it will get better soon. I imagine once I'm back at work, I'll have all kinds of new stories to share.
In the meantime I have a confession to make.
I have to admit I've underestimated Shad.
For years I have been the one to deal with awful health insurance people, mean telemarketers and clueless bank representatives. Since I'm the one that handles the bills, I figured I knew the situation best.
HA!
Shad is a bull dog! I had forgotten just how tenacious he can be! I should have sicced him on these awful people years ago.
Did you hear that? That is the sound of you know what freezing over! :)
He finally got them to let us out of the contract!
Whew!
And to top it off, here's some more good news - Shad's employer is not only giving him a phone, but they're giving me one too for just $10 a month. That means between the two of us we'll save about $100 a month in cell phone bills.
Now if I could just figure out a way to get high speed internet without a land line I could save another $100.
Just think of the possibilities!


7 salty messages:

thatgirlblogs June 24, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

Good girl. We got rid of cable TV and the regular phone bill/went digital. Saved a lot. Also canceled the newspaper since I'm online constantly anyway.

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Sage June 24, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

Good for you guys!!! Maybe he could help me get my health insurance to pay for Sage's hospital bill for when they did something to every single tooth in her mouth! I hate fighting with people who just don't care!!

Sarah Halter June 24, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Nice!

We have DSL from AT&T without a landline. It's called dry loop service and we pay $34 a month.

Tina in CT June 24, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Yeah for Shad's victory. Great about the cell phones for both of you too.

Can you get high speed internet through your cable TV company? I have mine through Comcast.

I personally couldn't be without my regular land line as I don't want to be dependent on making sure the phone has enough bars or if the signal is always good. I also prop my portable phone often while I'm talking as my hands are scrapping, cooking, putting the dog out, doing laundry, etc.

How goes the babysitter search?

Annie June 25, 2009 at 1:34 AM  

Well, yahoo!!! No small feat.

I am so glad to see that things seem to be looking up for you in the Emerald City. Rather magically, almost.

Elaine June 25, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

Way to go Shad!!!! We may borrow him if we don't make some headway on our own consumer situation soon, but we're still working on it.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP