Powered by Blogger.

its all a matter of perspective

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Seriously boring stuff going on around here...honest. We've spent the last couple of days unpacking and doing things that need to be done, but nothing entertaining is coming out of it. Or maybe it has and I am just too tired to remember.

I don't know.
The best I can come up with was an Anya moment this afternoon...
We were at the bank setting up a new checking account when the unsuspecting bank representative asked our kids how old they were...
'I five,' Maddie replied.
'I'm 7 1/2,' Nick added.
'I'm 11,' Alek mumbled.
'I'm 8,' Anya shouted in the deathly quiet, echoey bank lobby.
And then she added...
'And Daddy's 40!'
Whew! Glad it was him and not me.

I really have to teach that girl some tact! :)

6 salty messages:

adoptyaroslav June 10, 2009 at 12:36 AM  

Come on now! 40 is much better than the only other alternative!!! My hubby had a very difficult day before he turned 40 - jumping up and down on our first date yelling, "I don't want to be 40 tomorrow!" That was, until I offered to help him with the alternative. He was glum as well the day before he turned 50. I reminded him of the same thing I did over a decade ago. He was immediately happy. Now, at 53, he laments that he has "so many gray hairs." Again, there is the alternative.

Natalie
www.adoptyaroslav.blogspot.com

Annie June 10, 2009 at 6:59 AM  

Anastasia has loudly announced my age a time or two, and to my profound delight her usually good math was wrong - in my favor!

As I came to your blog today I thought....she was probably always MEANT to go back to Kansas, naming her blog "Sunflower Seeds"....and yes, I know the Russian proverb, but the coincidence is notable. Or is it irony?

Cindi Campbell June 14, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

My 7 yr. old seriously thinks I am 21. Really, that's what she tells people. I love it. Her dad told her his real age but I wont tell her mine. LOL

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP