Powered by Blogger.

is it just us?

Friday, July 17, 2009

They were going down a steep hill...and well, you can imagine what happened.

Anyone else having a week like this?
Has anyone else's kids spent the last seven days getting hurt left and right? Or is it just me?!
Maddie was hurt AGAIN today. And this time it wasn't just a rug burn. Alek was pulling her and Nick in the wagon today on their walk around town with the babysitter. They were going down a steep hill...and well, you can imagine what happened. Alek lost control...the two kids went flying.
The end result was Nick and Maddie with various scrapes and road rash burns...and Maddie with a gash in her scalp.
*Sigh*
And then when I got home and was taking a look at it, I realized she also had a nasty-looking bruise the size of an egg on her chin.
"Oh, yea," Alek said. "That was when she bumped heads with me yesterday."
Oh. My. Word. I swear, if I take this child to the doctor they're going to think we're torturing her. She has (and I kid you not)...

  • Two rug burns on her stomach the size of small books (from her stair sliding episode yesterday).
  • A gash in scalp about 1/4 inch long...too small to stitch, in the scalp so I can't really have it glued...and can't even stick a band-aid on it. *sigh*
  • Quarter sized 'owies' on each knee.
  • A small cut on her foot from something...can't figure out what.
  • Bruise size of egg on chin...
  • Scrape on her back from the swimming pool...
  • A spot on her arm that I'm guessing is a mosquito bite gone bad...
  • Bruises up and down each shin.
ALL from this week!
I give up.

14 salty messages:

thatgirlblogs July 17, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

we've had our share this week, but I'm going to declare you the winner! sounds like a good night to stay in and watch movies...

Karen J July 17, 2009 at 7:20 PM  

tie her hair together over the cut on the scalp and that will keep it together.
And, no, it isn't you. We have 8 kids and at least 5x that scrapes burns, bruises, cut, or unknown owies.

Bethany July 17, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

Sounds like me! Not my week, but how I was as a little girl. It's a wonder my parents were never put on "the list." I swear I looked like they beat me, but it was just the clutz playing!

Katie July 17, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

Just consider it evidence that your kids don't lay around like lazy slugs. See? You should be proud of how obvious their activity level is! ;)

jessy July 17, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

Where was the babysitter when all this was going on? I wondered that about the last post, too.
I hope your regular is coming back soon. I'm not sure your kids can survive another week.
Then again, I had to take one of mine in for stitches this week... and I was standing right there when it happened.

Mary July 17, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

Well, I don't have any kids, but I can relate to Maddie's injuries. I spent the whole week getting injured, either at work or at home, and am currently typing this comment one-handedly while the other hand rests, swollen, on an ice pack from my run-in with the board shear's clamp at work today :-(

Rachael July 17, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

We will vouch for you if CPS shows up! At least she looks smiley and happy all the time! =)

Tina in CT July 17, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Who said girls were sedate?

The Muscovites (Tamara and the girls) flew to CT tonight. I am so happy and excited to have them here.

Sarah Dawn July 17, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

No your not giving up, it's just the beginning of this joyful journey of mommyhood! Love that you have adopted internationally, we've just begun our paper pregnancies as well.

Delighted to meet you! Just found your site via CSAHM. I just started this blogging adventure a few months ago, but continue to be amazed at the joy, encouragement, and faith that I find.

Keep writing, the world is reading.

Hugs from this missionary mommy,
Sarah Dawn

Old DAN AND Little ANN July 18, 2009 at 1:54 AM  

That would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Kids have a special ability for scars and wounds. Especially in the summer. No one gets hurt worse than a paper cut all winter, then summer hits and WATCH OUT!

Dorothy July 18, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

My daughter is pulling out her hair and remember it's not even half over that is summer vacation so blessings and strength.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Tammy July 18, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

Look at my blog (18 July). I tagged you. You don't have to do it if you don't have time (sounds like you don't) but would love to hear your thoughts if you get a chance. http://tswailes.blogspot.com
Tammy

Troy and Rachel July 18, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Same here - I joke that people must think we neat Daniel. He had a bouncy house wreck and scraped his face, he scraped on led from ankle to knee on the deck going UP steps, fell running for his bike and got his elbow and both knees, he looks terrible - to think if I had just put his bike helmet and elbow and knee pads on BEFORE we even got near the bike...

Hope Maddie is okay!!!

Elaine July 20, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

I'm impressed that you have are aware of all this! My kids constantly have bumps, bruises, bad bug bites, etc. but I couldn't tell you at this moment who has what, or where. No gashes, though. I am generally award of gashes. But the bruises? I'm sure if I did a shin inspection right now, everyone but the two-y-o would be covered in them. I don't know where they come from, they're just there.

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP