Powered by Blogger.

a simple case of the understated

Monday, July 13, 2009

I can't even begin to tell you how many projects I have going on at work right now...because I've lost track.

Did I say I was busy?
Silly me.
What I meant was swamped, buried, plate's full, overloaded, snowed under (oh, how I wish it really was snow), up to my eyeballs...OVER. WHELMED.
UGH!
I can't even begin to tell you how many projects I have going on at work right now. No, really - can't even begin. Because....I'VE. LOST. TRACK!
Seriously, people. I can't keep track of it all. I know I have a story due tomorrow at 4 p.m., which of course I haven't started writing because today I did the interviews and then I put in an extra five hours on a big (36 pg) design project that is due Thursday, which of course I don't have all the articles for because my freelancers aren't holding up their end of the bargain.
But before I can start writing that story tomorrow, I have to compile a report for the women's expo, which I'm coordinating again (LOVE IT!) but again, something I haven't started.
Then I have to fit my stellar article writing in between no less than three meetings in the afternoon.
Once I finish that story - like, THAT is going to happen, I get to decide whether I should put in a few more hours on the big design project which...have I mentioned?..is due THURSDAY, or start interviewing for my next story which is due first thing on FRIDAY morning.
And that doesn't even bring up the 30-trillion stories which are due before the end of the month, because we're launching a new family magazine, which I'm totally stoked about...and I am the feature reporter on...but it means a TON more writing!
AUGH!
The good news is I'm realizing I can write a lot faster than I thought.
The bad news is I haven't seen my children in about 24 hours...haven't eaten a real meal in 48 and have no idea what I'm going to wear to work tomorrow because I haven't done any laundry in something like 72...actually its more like 168!
I keep thinking it will settle down...and honestly, it probably will. But right now I've decided to wallow in my self-doubt and have myself a great-BIG woe is me, I'm so overwhelmed, pity party.
And you KNOW I am an awesome party planner! ;>)

7 salty messages:

MamaPoRuski July 14, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

Remember when you were worried about ever finding work again...When you are stressed, just play the video clip of the freaks riding bikes in the snow in Grab-Your-Lasso...Praying for you and HUGS!

Katie July 14, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

Wow, I can't even imagine! Somehow, I have faith that you'll pull it all off (I, however, would be in the fetal position in a corner). Good luck!

Isra July 14, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

But you took time for us--**Thanks!** Sounds like a terrific job....for THREE people! :-D

Tina in CT July 14, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

When you interviewed for this job, did they accurately describe the job responsibilities? Sounds like too much for just one person.

I'd have a new case of shingles from it.

Hope someone in your house is doing some laundry or you'll be doing nothing but that over the weekend.

Annie July 14, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Oh, boy. I understand. I don't often say that, but I think, in this case I do. Sounds like churchwork. Never ending, and full of "events" (or in your case "deadlines") that have no flexibility at all... So the "flex" has to come at home.

I sincerely hope your kids (and husband) are up to the challenge. My Aidan and Lydia were. (Though I always wonder if they'd be brain surgeons now if I hadn't imposed that childhood on them).

I bet there will be a tiny bit of ebb and flow....though now I think of it....the newsroom never sleeps. Well, the church doesn't either, but it does doze a bit in the summer.

If your paper is like OUR paper, they've been laying off... You probably DO have the job of three.

God bless you. Thanks for checking in.

Troy and Rachel July 15, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

I am exhausted after reading that!!! Hang in there!!

Tammy July 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

Hang in there! You can write! May God inspire you! Put up your sail & let Him do the hard work for you... much easier than rowing yourself! Praying for you!

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP