Powered by Blogger.

stream of consciousness

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I finally realized the posts aren't going to write themselves and I'm never going to have the time to write about any of this stuff.

I just wrote a whole blog about my new job...and I promptly hit the delete button.
I'm tired of complaining about it. Its not doing me any good...and it certainly isn't entertaining you. Its time to move on.
And move on, I shall.
Besides, I've got all kinds of other stuff to tell you. I've kept a list on a little yellow sticky note in my brain and I finally realized the posts aren't going to write themselves and I'm never going to have the time to write about any of this stuff. I just need to buckle down, start typing, get this stuff out there and get it off my 'to do' list.
So here we go...

BOYS OF SUMMER AUTUMN

Since Alek didn't get a chance to play a full season of baseball this year, I promised him he could sign up for Fall ball. Nick heard that promise and asked if he could do it to.
So yesterday Alek and I (Nick had to go to bed early - a whole other story) headed over to (hmmm...what nickname should I give this town? If someone comes up with a great idea, let me know. It's in Missouri, enough said.) a town east of here and signed them both up.
So I have a fall full of baseball to look forward to...which isn't as bad as it sounds. We like baseball here in the C_______ household. And I certainly like it better in cooler weather than warm. Its also better than having Alek get beat up by big guys on the football field. Although he's already said he's wants to play Jr. High football. I'm holding nightly prayer vigils already in preparation. ;>)
Tryouts for the new teams are on Saturday - which is Nick's birthday. They say the tryouts really aren't so much tryouts as they are evaluation sessions so they can make the teams all even.
Sounds good to me...but the boys think this is the most awesome thing ever.
Cute pictures to follow of my boys in their uniforms.

GYMNASTICS FOR MY GIRLS

Since I've promised the boys baseball, I couldn't leave the girls out. Anya has been talking about gymnastics for the last three years...begging me to sign her up. But I've been hesitant..honestly, the price is a HUGE roadblock. I don't know how other families do it!
But the time has come. If the boys are playing baseball this fall, it certainly isn't fair that she and Maddie don't get to do something too.
Of course we're not doing it at the same time...I'm not THAT stupid.
We'll wait until baseball season is over...and then the girls will get their turn.

SO WHERE'S MY BAILOUT?

Of course that was BEFORE I got the notice in the mail today that our house payment is going up in a few months because our taxes and homeowners insurance has gone up. AUGH! Will it never end?! The payment has gone up every year that we've owned this house.
Does anyone else have this same problem?
We DON'T have an ARM. We made sure that our interest rate was NOT adjustable when we took this loan...but we're STILL having issues with rising housing payments.
Sigh.

A DECADE LATER...

Can you believe that we celebrated our 10th Family Day last Sunday?
What's even more amazing is that I didn't blog about it!!!
I had these big plans to do a huge video...showing you Alek (since he's the one we brought home ten years ago) then and now...complete with a sappy song and tons of cute pics.
You can go ahead and send your letters of complaint to my boss. ;>)
The job has once again claimed another of my best intentions.
I'll keep working on it. Who knows...maybe I can get it out in the next few weeks, but don't hold your breath. I still have Maddie's one year anniversary video sitting on this laptop and I have yet to find a way to get it uploaded to blogger.

GOING PRIVATE

I am still in the planning stages of the private part of this blog. Again...most of the posts will be here on Sunflower Seeds...the private posts will be on a mirror site.
I just didn't want any of you worrying that you were missing out on anything. I just haven't had the time to play with my kids in the last four weeks, let alone set up a new blog! :)

GETTING BETTER BY THE DAY

Things are getting better by the day on the job front...and I'm sure its just a matter of time before I'm feeling more like my old self.
The day is coming...I can feel it. I think my work-based writing is getting stronger. It certainly is getting faster.
Now I just need to be able to continue my creativity for my own writing. And get my joy of writing back.

In the meantime, please hang with me.

10 salty messages:

Elaine July 29, 2009 at 7:03 AM  

You know I totally understand. I mean, not the work thing taking all of my good writing, but the losing the joy part. I think a lot of it has just been because we've been so busy this summer.

Courtney July 29, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

If it's the town I'm thinking of, it was the eastern terminus of the Pony Express. Maybe you could incorporate something with that in there...

BTW, we have to get together one of these days! We're only a few hours apart!!

Annie July 29, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

I expect that "getting better" in relationship to a mom's full-time job is akin to the "getting better" a lobster experiences as that water warms up. I'd LOVE to hear your complaints about your job. YES, I WOULD! I seem to be just about the only one in my blog circle who attempts to mother while working. It would be nice to be able to respond to a post - "Wow! Someone who understands!" as opposed to, "Oh, if only my life was like hers..."

The cost of the kids' activities is not insignificant - to us, either! In fact, I expect a significant part of our family's debt is Irish Dance related. Actually ID is a pretty inexpensive activity overall, unless your child happens to be GOOD....then, you're in for it. Travel. All of our vacations for ten years were to cities with ID competitions. It took over life - but I wouldn't have missed it all for the world. In fact I miss it terribly. However....that said, when I let Anastasia take ice skating this winter, I breathed a silent "thank you" when I realized she was NOT GOOD. Adequate. Fun-level skating. No talent. Yahoo!

Tina in CT July 29, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

Four kids, sports + a full time job = very, very busy mom. I don't know how you do it all.

Tamara and the girls are here and we're in a busy schedule with day camp M - F, all my daughter has to cram in the short time she is in the US and busy weekends when we are off visiting makes for a hectic but fun time. This weekend we'll be getting together with Rachael and her kids at her Mom's in the country (4 hours from my house and 8 hours from Rachael's).

Diane July 29, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Just found your blog. Your family is so lovely! God bless.

Tammy July 30, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

Life in the US is busy! You go at a pace that (when I'm there) makes me nervous. It's lovely to try to do it all & make it all fair for the kids... it's important. But be sure you're able to enjoy it all.
MissouriTown? No idea which one it is, but you could call it MoTown. Just a thought.
Love your blog. HAppy 10th anniv.
OH- you should look at animoto.com Cool way to make videos there. Free one only does 40 second ones, but when you have no time to do anything, a 30 second one is good too! Tammy

SLColman August 6, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

I understand about hitting the delete button. I seem to be doing it a lot lately only not continuing on like you and posting a peppy blog.

Love ya and hope that the job does continue to get better!!

Remember if you need to vent or whatever just e-mail me :)

Old DAN AND Little ANN August 7, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

I have noticed that even though we are 'debt free' (no mortgage, car payments, credit card payments) our housing prices are a lot. Once you factor in phone, gas, water, garbage, insurance, taxes, electric .... it's like having a regular sized house payment. Kinda a bummer!

Maricris Zen Mama August 11, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Oh no! I hate that when it happens. I know what u mean about not being happy with ur work. I'm @ that point myself but there's just no way of giving it up right now. SO I persevere. Life goes on.

Kim August 11, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

nickname for MO town? Grab Your BBQ Sauce? heheh! Town most people have no clue is actually in MO? nah, that's too long.

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP