Powered by Blogger.

one small step

Sunday, August 30, 2009

If I do come up with something, it's usually while I'm getting ready for bed and I'm so do-tired, I can't even begin to think about pulling out the laptop.

I think I need to just take the first step.
Make the first move.
Just start typing and let the words come out.
I have been in a HUGE writing funk lately. Nothing...and I do mean NOTHING...has seemed interesting enough to blog about lately. And if I do come up with something, it's usually while I'm getting ready for bed and I'm so dog-tired, I can't even begin to think about pulling out the laptop.
Sigh.
If it doesn't get any better soon, I may take up one of those blogging-challenges in October. Why not September, you ask? Aaaaaaaah...you've forgotten about the 'Women's Expo', mon amis. (Is that spelling even in the ballpark?)
Since returning to my old job, I've re-inherited some of my old responsibilities including the Women's Expo. Fun stuff...but its only adding to my EXTREMELY high stress levels. I can't even begin to tell you how stressed I am, except to say that I'm starting to have ulcer symptoms.
Yea. Fun stuff.
Anyway...I don't want to bore you with tales about my health. You're here for an update. Hmmm...Let's see. What can I come up with for a blog post.
I have had a few requests for updates on Maddie. Its been awhile since I've given you a full-fledged update...so consider that on the agenda in the next few days. You guys will hardly recognize her, I'm telling you. Something happened over the course of the summer and the Madster has SERIOUSLY grown up. Well, its not like she's turning 18 or something - but she's talking in more complete and easy-to-understand sentences. She's understanding more concepts and she's adding all kinds of new words to her vocabulary, daily. I'll give you an update, soon.
But first...
Maddie's first day of school is Tuesday. I'll be sure to post pictures of both the Madster happily trotting off to her first day - and me blubbering like an idiot in the background. I have a box of kleenex at the ready. I'm thinking about going out getting a second as a backup. My baby is going to kindergarten...need I say more?
Alek and Nick are heavy into fall baseball right now. They are both loving it. I'm enduring. I love the sport - I'm not loving what its doing to our schedule right now. We're at the ballfield no less than four nights a week and with the start of school the evenings are going to be a little long for my taste. Oh, well. Its only for a month and I'll know better next year.
Anya's life has been pretty quiet this summer. No great growth spurts. No huge milestones. No great drama. She's quietly growing up and maturing into someone pretty darn special. I love this girl, more than I can tell you. She's always taking care of someone, doing household chores without being asked and just generally being the responsible one around here.
She's going to be the one who takes care of me in my old age, I'm tellin' ya! :)
And speaking of old age...I have a birthday tomorrow...which means I'm only 366 days away from the big 4-0.
Ugh.
Enough said.
So there you have it. A post. I didn't think I had it in me.
I'll see if I can do it again tomorrow! :)

13 salty messages:

MoonDog August 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

Happy birthday dear friend!!!

Tina in CT August 31, 2009 at 5:52 AM  

Have a happy day on your b-day!

DoveFamily August 31, 2009 at 6:28 AM  

Hope her first day goes well. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Courtney August 31, 2009 at 6:57 AM  

Good to hear from you. ;) And happy birthday!!

Katie August 31, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

YOU'LL know better next year--but will your kids accept it? We're in the same boat with soccer. I can't wait for the chaos to be over, but my kids sure are loving the sport.

Have a happy birthday! And don't worry--you get to be 39 for a few years, anyhow. ;)

Rachael August 31, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

You should take the day off tomorrow in honor of your birthday, you know!

Happy birthday!

MamaPoRuski August 31, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

So glad you are ahead of me by two months in age so when you get to 40 I can decide if I like it or not before it's my turn! LOL! Praying the first day of school and YOUR BIRTHDAY go well! HUGS!

Old DAN AND Little ANN September 1, 2009 at 1:39 AM  

I haven't had an 'age anxiety' birthday yet. I don't like it when my husband teases me about being old though. I already feel like my boobs are a little saggier than I thought they'd be at 32!

Courtney September 1, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

It's Maddie's first day! I'm so excited for you guys! :) :)

SLColman September 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

Happy Birthday!!!

Can't wait for the first day of school pictures!

Christine September 1, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

Hey Tami, Wished I stopped by sooner. I am adding you to my blogroll if you don't mind because that is really the only way I remember to read blogs.

P.S. Happy Birthday! My husband says 40 is not that bad. ;)

Annie September 4, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

That was great. Updates are hard. I know what you mean about the ideas only coming when you are way too tired to post.... the sports are the final cherry on the top of your exhaustion, I bet - or, no - that will be homework.

God help you. I had to be a "mean mom" and not sign Zhen up for football. I know I have limits. Well.....sort of. I knew football was beyond them, anyway.

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP