Powered by Blogger.

overheard at the ballpark

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The boys have practice two nights a week...on different nights. And the rest of the time I'm putting in crazy hours at work.

Our lives right now are filled with a) work and b) baseball.
The boys have practice two nights a week...on different nights. And the rest of the time I'm putting in crazy hours at work.
Hence, the silence.
Anyway...
I heard a little gem this morning while we were at the ballpark. Anya was playing catch with another third grade girl and the subject of Maddie's ears must have come up because Anya was explaining how we went to Ukraine and brought her home...

Anya - 'My sister is from Ukraine. Actually, my brothers, sister and I are all adopted.
Girl - Oh! My mom didn't adopt me.
Anya - Ohhhh...I'm so sorry.

Yeah. Made me smile too! :)

16 salty messages:

Tina in CT August 22, 2009 at 6:51 PM  

Absolutely priceless! You need to send that to every adoption agency.

Shelly and Carol August 22, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

Awww that is SO cute! I know tht had to make you proud! (as it should) Thanks for sharing. :)
www.theWainwrightFamily.blogspot.com

Courtney August 22, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

LOL I have a feeling our kids may have the same perspective as Anya!

Caroline August 22, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

Truly precious perspective! What a delight for you to hear and for us too. :-D

Tina in CT August 22, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

I saw your comment in your Twitter box. I wish it were in the 70's here in CT. We had 5 days at 90 or over. Even though it's been in the 80's the past few days, the humidity is even worse so it's just horrible. I can't wait for the nice Sept. weather.

thatgirlblogs August 23, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

words I hope to hear one day! mine have just started asking about their foster families... the "tummy mama" hasn't come up yet.

Your kid is awe-some!

Annie August 23, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

I love it! I argue that's one reason to be very open about adoption - none of this "its their story to tell" garbage. "It's their story to tell" is a good philosophy to have about flunking Algebra, or being grounded, or something that probably OUGHT to be embarrassing. There is nothing wrong about being adopted! I see it as part of God's wonderful plan. I look at my children and know that God planned for them to be in my home and heart from the beginning of time. And what a miraculous thing that is!

kitzkazventure August 24, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

How sweet! I think my son thinks everyone rides a plane to your home wih your mommy and daddy.

Conethia and Jim Bob August 24, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

That is tooooo sweet!! Such a fresh perspective.

SLColman August 24, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

That is simply awesome!! I absolutely love it!! I really hope that some day I will be able to have a sweet son or daughter that will feel the same way :)

mrsbroccoliguy August 24, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Love it! What a great attitude!!

Elaine August 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

Ha ha ha ha ha! That is great, and I needed the chuckle this morning . . . umm . . . afternoon. Good for Anya.

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP