Powered by Blogger.

back from the abyss

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ever since my return in late June, I have had one project piled up on another, which means I haven't been able to find a new normal.

I know, I know. Bad blogger. Bad, bad, bad, bad blogger.
Sorry about that.
I haven't meant to ignore you. Really, I haven't. It's just that life has intervened.
The last three months have been insane. Absolutely insane.
Part of it is my own fault. I should never have signed these boys up for fall baseball. (Remind me of that next year, please.) But the majority of the chaos in my life has been caused by my job.
Ever since my return in late June, I have had one project piled up on another, which means I haven't been able to find a new normal.
Not in my professional life...and certainly not in my personal life.
I NEVER want to go through this again.
Finally this last weekend, I was able to catch my breath. We skipped Alek's baseball practice, stayed home most of the weekend, did laundry, played games, ate together and watched TV.
Doesn't sound like much of anything, but for me, it felt like a vacation. I am finally feeling a little bit more like my old self.
I think.
And I think I have reached the other side of the chaos. If I'm not there, I'm getting pretty darn close. The boys are still crazy busy with baseball...but the worst part of my work schedule, I believe, is over. And it couldn't have come at a better time. I think I was starting to develop some stomach issues over the stress.
Thankfully, this week I only have three stories due...and while next week looks like it will be crazy busy again, at least I'm not being pulled in three different directions.
I'll just be chained to my desk.
I can handle that.


P.S. - One of the only things we did this weekend, besides going to church, was to go to Alek and Nick's first flag football games on Sunday. It was tons of fun to watch these guys run around with their friends and play. They are constantly playing football in our yard, so this was just an extension of their weekly Sunday afternoon game. Fun stuff...and it only lasts four weeks. Whew! Enjoy! :)



5 salty messages:

Diana September 22, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

Glad things are starting to slow down, even if it's only for a little bit.

My world is still buried in boxes. Our house is quite a bit more of a "fixer-upper" than we thought, so we're just fixing one room and then putting it together before we unpack everything else. So far, three+ weeks into the move, I have ONE room finished and will be starting on the other tomorrow. It will literally be months before we are settled, too. It totally bites, too!

Bethany September 22, 2009 at 12:52 AM  

Me. Too. Only, I don't have a job. So, it was my life that was totally nuts! I'm glad you're able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think I can see mine, too. Let's hope, anyway.

Rachael September 22, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

Sounds like a rough summer! Hope you can find your groove again.

Hey - maybe they need to get wifi at the ball field! :)

Courtney September 22, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Oh my goodness, they're getting so TALL! What happened to your little kids?!?

Elaine September 22, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

Glad the chaos seems to be coming to an end. Just hang on and the actual end will actually get here.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP