Powered by Blogger.

say cheese...or smile for the birdie...or whatever

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What do you know...two posts, two days in a row.
And there are pictures to boot!

I don't know ladies. I think I'm starting to spoil you! :) I mean, I don't want you to get used to this or anything.
Especially after today's post. Its school picture time and I have to say this year's crop of school photos are especially cute. I don't know why, but school photo time is my favorite time of the year. When Shad called me to tell me the kids had brought home their pictures today I asked him to bring them with him when he came to pick me up.
He laughed and told me I was weird.
I told him to bring them anyway.
I wasn't disappointed. My kids are adorable...and I have the proof! :)
Is it just me or are these kids growing up way too fast?!
It's amazing to me just how quickly they change, right before your eyes.
Alek is in 6th grade this year, which officially has me in a state of panic. That means next year is junior high. AUGH! Junior. High.
That's big stuff...and I'm not ready. The girls are starting to circle...the friends are starting to take more of his time and the attitude is starting to change...which is going to have to change, because I, for one, am not going to put up with it.
He'll figure it out sooner or later.
Anya all of a sudden isn't a little girl anymore. She's growing up, seemingly overnight. And let me tell you...that sweet spirit that seems to just ooze out of her picture is 100 percent of her personality. In fact, it surprises us when we catch her doing anything wrong.
Take tonight for instance. I caught her in a lie. Not a big one...and maybe not even one that was premeditated. I doubt she really thought through what she said, because she quickly changed her story as soon asked for a second time about it.
But a lie it was.
Totally caught me off guard.
Nick. Oh Nick! What a kid. I tell you, he is an absolute joy! That little grin on his face is also 100 percent Nick. He is such a sweet kid...and he, too, is growing up way too quickly.
And then there's Maddie. Sweet, sweet Maddie. Can't you believe the changes in our little girl?! She has is just growing and changing so much...almost daily, really. Kindergarten has been SO good for her.
Enjoy the pics. I'm working on another picture-filled post for you tomorrow.
See? I told you I was spoiling you! :)



13 salty messages:

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Sage September 23, 2009 at 6:37 AM  

I cannot believe the change in Maddie! The kids all look so great.

Here in Atlanta the kids start middle school in 6th grade which is next year for Luke. I am totally freaking out about it! Kids grow way too fast!

Rachael September 23, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

Their pictures are great!

And, you just gave me a start for a second, because I thought maybe I had MISSED picture day at our school. And, then the pictures would come home with grubby clothes and messy hair. I don't THINK I've missed it yet though... (lol)

Katie September 23, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

What great pictures! And you aren't weird--I would be just as excited to see them.

Caroline September 23, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

Those are 4 terrific pictures--Wow! Extremely complementary yet their personalities shine through. Delightful! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Tina in CT September 23, 2009 at 10:42 PM  

What wonderful pictures and cute kids. I can't get over how much older Maddie looks.

It'll be hard not to buy the whole kit and kaboodle for each child as the pictues are so great.

Elaine September 24, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

Adorable pictures, all of them! Maddie really is growing up. Just amazing.

MamaPoRuski September 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

How beautiful! Now the jealous mom rears her ugly head and wants to know WHERE her kids school pictures are...HMMM????

Conethia and Jim Bob September 24, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

You do have some of the most beautiful kids, ever (well almost excluding mine :)) We experienced our first school pics. Don't you love getting 2 poses to choose from?

Tammy September 25, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

Great pictures! You've got a sweet family! Tammy

Calico Sky September 26, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

Tami - I just found your blog again, and after a LONG blog hiatus I have started blogging again. Silly me deleted the old blog before saving links, so it seems to be taking months to find all my favourites again! My goodness how your 4 cuties have grown! I hope they all have a wodnerful school year :)
Kate in England!
p.s. this should link you to the new blog!

SLColman September 27, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Really great pictures of all of them :) They look like they are settling back into life in Kansas well!

Old DAN AND Little ANN September 27, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

These are really good kids! I really like them. Isn't it great that our kids are our best buddies too?! What a line up of cuteness God has given to you and Shad!

Tanya September 27, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

Your children are just gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP