Powered by Blogger.

finally...some comic relief

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Things have been so rough with Maddie the last couple of weeks, I think I had forgotten how to smile...or laugh...until this morning.
I found a stack of papers Alek left on the dryer. I imagine he wasn't too keen on me finding them. He tucks them away like that when there's a bad grade in the stack.
Hidden in plain sight.
For the most part this kid is an awesome student. Bringing home A's and B's daily...but every once in awhile one sneaks past him.
In that stack I found one such paper....an F.
I was all prepared to talk to him about it this evening...until I saw the note written at the bottom of the page...

Mom...
If you are looking at this I tried my best! The second paper I did good at. I really tried. I just put the decimal in the wrong spot and did not know the first time.
Alek

It made me smile...actually, it made me giggle and snort and laugh out loud.
My son knows me too well! :)

10 salty messages:

Bethany October 14, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

I love it! As long as you recognize, and try to correct, your mistakes, no discussion needed! Sounds to me like you've done quite well.

Courtney October 15, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

Love it! And I love that he knew you'd be looking at it, AND that you wouldn't be too happy about it! LOL

Conethia and Jim Bob October 15, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

How could you be upset with logic like that?! Such a smart little boy!

Diana October 15, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Now how can you not laugh and giggle and snort at something like that. And how can you possibly get mad about it? Too cute!

Tina in CT October 16, 2009 at 7:15 AM  

I bet he grows up to be a lawyer or politician.

Calico Sky October 17, 2009 at 4:54 AM  

Hope things are improving for Maddie. What a sweet boy Alek is to write you a letter!

Troy and Rachel October 18, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

What a smart boy - I would have laughed also and probably set it back in the stack!

I hope things with Maddie are going well.

SLColman October 18, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

Loved the note!!

I hope that everyone is feeling better!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP