Powered by Blogger.

reasons 2272 and 2273 why I married the right guy

Monday, October 5, 2009

I did indeed have foresight, wisdom...nay, downright brilliance when I agreed to marry this guy.

P
oor Shad.
Not only does he have to put up with me - for which he probably deserves some sort of a medal - he often gets overlooked in my blogging. I tend to forget to include the blog-worthy material he provides me with every day.
Oh, the stories I could write.
In all honestly, he probably likes the anonymity.
But not today. Today I am declaring 'the day of Shad' because yesterday he proved to me yet again, why I did indeed have foresight, wisdom...nay, downright brilliance when I agreed to marry this guy.
These are just the latest in a long line of affirmations that I grabbed one of the last real good guys on the planet.

Reason number 2272...
While we lived in Grab-Your-Lasso, we developed a bit of a Sunday morning tradition. We would have a special breakfast on the Lord's day. While the rest of us got some much needed beauty sleep, Shad would run out to grab some donuts, Mikky D's or some other such treat and bring it back for us all to munch on. Lovely stuff...especially on a Sunday morning. To me, nothing tastes better than a sausage, egg and cheese bagel on Sunday morning. Mmmm-mmmm.
Anyway....
Since returning to the Emerald City we haven't had that opportunity. ts surprising, I know, but there aren't very many good breakfast opportunities around here.
Not for miles and miles.
So we were back to cold cereal and bagels thrown in the toaster...until Shad stepped up. He decided we needed to start a new tradition.
So about once-a-month, we head to the big city across the river to Panera for an after-church brunch.
Again. Lovely stuff.
Yesterday, on our monthly installment of Panera Brunch, we knocked off a Baker's Dozen pack of bagels. The kids were unusually munchy...and only two remained. No less than three of the kids asked for one of those final two bagels...(after having finished off two bagels a piece, plus juice, plus a bit of breakfast before church.)
Shad wouldn't have it. He fought off the assault, saying the bagels were for me to have for breakfast this morning. So here I am, typing this post, with a lovely Cinnamon Crunch bagel with hazelnut cream cheese.
See? Marrying him, indeed, was a wise decision.
And then there was last night.
Maddie has been fighting a bit of a cold. At least we thought it was a bit until last night. She started coughing around 1 a.m. and seriously sounded like a seal.
I considered taking her to Urgent Care, but instead Shad got up, went down to our storm cellar of a basement, dug around in boxes for 20 minutes (because of course they haven't been unpacked), searching for the vaporizer.
Then he came back upstairs with a couple of different options, washed them all out, put water in them and tested each one to see which one worked the best, brought it back upstairs, plugged it in, made sure it was near Maddie for best benefit before coming back to bed.
All while I slept..because Maddie, of course, had settled back down.
My herooooooo.

5 salty messages:

Tina in CT October 6, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

As the saying goes, "He's a keeper!".

How is Maddie today?

Drew, Michelle, Luke and Sage October 6, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

I think I will take your lead and gush on my dh a little on my blog too!!! Funny, I was thinking about doing this but wondered if I should. I should.

Karen J October 6, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

He definatly is a keeper!!!

kalibug October 6, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

Sweet husband!!! Oh, Cinnamon Crunch bagel from Panera's is the best!!

mrsbroccoliguy October 10, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

Wow. Rescuing bagels AND going to extraordinary efforts to help Maddie while letting you stay in bed? Now THAT's the stuff of romance novels! :-)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP